watching BLM protest on local tv:
• almost all protesters in masks
• on a public street
• police and national guard there all day
• promptly at curfew, tear gas canisters fired into crowd
• crowd quickly disperses
• cops still pulled a guy out of his car and beat him up.
watching the great redneck meltdown:
• mostly unmasked protesters
• rioters break into a building
• it’s federal property
• cops just let them in
• at least one cop takes a selfie with rioters inside the capitol
• an hour later, cops gently push rioters out.
• newscasters say that the national guard is just now being called in
• cops repeatedly announce a 6 o’clock curfew via bullhorn
• 6 o’clock passes
• absolutely no action is taken
• an hour later, the cops and national guard start gently pushing the crowds off the mall
I mean, I always knew cops suck, and that they selectively enforced the law, but that they don’t even try to hide it is just a slap in the face. but why would they? they’re never held accountable for anything.