Black Lives Matter. Still

from

Here is the artist’s page…

22 Likes

:thinking: I would’ve made “Fighting” or “Against” the first word in that title.

9 Likes

New article, from The Guardian.

I think they finish the series with that one.

Red Summers is a 360 video series by artist Bayeté Ross Smith on the untold American history of racial terrorism from 1917 to 1921.

Tulsa massacre – 1921

An act of terrorism America tried to forget

Descendants of the Tulsa massacre on what was stolen from them

Elaine massacre – 1919

How the US supported a backlash to Black progress

For descendants of the Elaine massacre, history is far from settled

Omaha riot – 1919

How a white mob lynched a Black man, destroyed a city – and got away with it

Chicago and DC – 1919

How racist propaganda inspired riots in America’s biggest cities

19 Likes

Absolutely right about that officer.

14 Likes
18 Likes

Well past time to have a biopic on Chisholm.

15 Likes
14 Likes

As usual, the most racist thing you can do is call out racism. More and more emboldened these assholes are.

16 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes
18 Likes

15 Likes

And even some of them are ghosting me.

The Muppet Christmas Carol Ghost GIF by filmeditor

15 Likes

Michael Harriot may have left The Root, but apparently he’s still writing for The Grio:

19 Likes

Here is the tweet in all its glory:

Gag. I’ve heard similar shit so often. And each time I hear it I have to ask:

1. Just one Black friend? In order for this to be proportional, you would have to have only seven friends total. Is this correct? Shit, most places I’ve lived, it would be more like one to two friends total. So either you live in a white bubble or you have no friends, either of which sets off alarm bells in my mind.
  2. Is this even a friend? Three quarters of all white people have never even been inside a Black person’s house. I don’t quite know the statistics on white people who loudly and publicly claim to have Black friends, but I can confidently say that practically none of them have.
  3. Because you’re white? Is your Black friend blind? Lol no, anyone can tell you’re white, and they can tell instantly. That’s not it, you did something.
  4. “Dividing the country” is a bit melodramatic, don’t you think? You won’t have to look very far back into history to find actual legitimate attempts to divide the country, and you know it. This is disingenuous, and I pity anyone who thinks it isn’t.

Mitch Hedberg jokes have become Republican talking points. God help us all.

I can only wait until she proposes to solve world hunger by giving starving children “a thousand of something”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: classic as always!

11 Likes

Slacktivist (Fred Clark) has a rambling post today on his blog, but it starts and is mainly concerned with why many mainline churches in downtown areas have lost so many parishioners that they’ve had to close their doors. He shows three photos in the life of one church, and invites us to think about what the real story is, here. (Hint: white flight.)

12 Likes

Trump was a Fascist before it was cool.

from

17 Likes

Geez, that’s a really good comparison.

17 Likes

Yeah, there must have been a difference, though. I just can’t racism figure out racism what it might racism have been?

17 Likes

Not sure where else to put this, but…

Thoughts on this? I can see both sides of the argument. Is it better to have a new actor take on the specific role of T’Challa to carry on the specific character? Or is it better to have a new character take on the mantle of Black Panther?

13 Likes