Black Lives Matter. Still

I’m more in favor of this approach. There are other characters in the MCU that have gone through similar changes. I can’t imagine anyone else playing T’Challa.

14 Likes

That’s my thinking, too. Especially since the handing over of the mantle of Black Panther is already firmly established as canon… But some people seem to be interested in carrying on the character…

11 Likes

This. CB absolutely embodied T’challa. He can no more be recast than RDJ. There can be another Black Panther, there can be no other T’challa.

11 Likes
15 Likes

This church is paying ‘royalties’ when it sings spirituals composed by enslaved Africans

15 Likes

There are so many great T’challa stories the MCU could tell (especially the one about his relationship with Storm, now that the X-men are imminent) but I agree with @docosc that Chadwick embodied T’challa so perfectly that it’s sort of a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation.

The MCU has tinkered with stories originating in the books, but they haven’t taken them so far away from their roots as they would have to in order to tell some of these tales with another character in BP’s place. I don’t know the answer, and I’m not jealous of the decision makers here.

8 Likes

Might
Make It Stop Tiffany Pollard GIF

18 Likes

MIGHT be.

14 Likes

If we let just anyone have justice whenever they wanted it, then everyone would want some, and then where would we be, huh?
/s

5 Likes
16 Likes

Plessy vs fucking Ferguson.

Long overdue…

15 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

:angry:

16 Likes

I admit, I am very surprised. Truly I am.

16 Likes
15 Likes

The courts this last year seem to be doing a better job reviewing these charges. Certainly for cases in the news.

Actually getting them prosecuted, not so much. This one sat unprosecuted forever.

16 Likes

A more positive story from Brazil. I’d love to see a major corporation in the U.S. having the guts to do this for even one year.

Also, some sad news here. We’ve lost another voice for voting rights for all just when we need one.

12 Likes
16 Likes

Time to organize a flash-mob of BLM mask-wearing customers. Well, maybe not a mob, but I can scrounge together a half-dozen people to do this.

15 Likes

Huh. They’re taking out an ad asking me to shop elsewhere?

How odd.

19 Likes