Black Lives Matter. Still

An investigation at an Air Force base in Arizona is underway after an airman allegedly told another airman that he was being rejected for a position because “the Air Force is looking for somebody of white complexion,” Task & Purpose reports.

“We won’t be sending your name up for [redacted] at the squadron,” a white technical sergeant allegedly texted a Black senior airman at the 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron on Wednesday, according toa post in a popular Facebook group.

14 Likes

A text?

The only good thing about bigots is that they’re usually also idiots, which makes them easier to identify.

11 Likes

However, what’s upsetting is that it doesn’t seem to matter much anymore what they say or do, they can get away with it now.

12 Likes

Glad to see Rick Riordan stepping up and calling this racism out. I was never into the Percy Jackson books, but I have enjoyed some of his other stuff

[Riordan] denounced [attacks against Black actor Leah Jeffries] all the same. “You are judging her appropriateness for this role solely and exclusively on how she looks. Friends, that is racism,” he stated.

12 Likes
19 Likes
17 Likes

Animation Domination Lol GIF by gifnews

16 Likes

All of this comes as Florida Republicans pass legislation to prohibit teachers from discussing any topic that might cause [white] people to feel “discomfort” over race.

Yeah, not stated but certainly implied. Odds this teacher is not subjected to real consequences, just told to “keep it on the DL from now on?”

17 Likes

Yeah, especially given the Dean’s comment to the kids mother quoted in the article.

allegedly saying, ‘words don’t hurt and he needs to know how to handle things better,’"

17 Likes

The expected result of school “zero tolerance” policies: the victim of bullying is punished and the bully walks away.

16 Likes
19 Likes
10 Likes
20 Likes

More from Michael Harriot:

22 Likes
13 Likes
16 Likes
17 Likes

This is interesting… several rappers were recently arrested here in GA, and lyrics are going to play a big part in that trial, I suspect.

I think the NY bill is a good one, as there is a danger in conflating art with crime. There should be a compelling reason to connect the two…

10 Likes

Yeah, if we’re going to do that, get Tucker Carlson in there for his part in the NY shooting. Play his Top Ten Most Bigoted Hits.

14 Likes

Right? But of course, it only counts when it’s either rap or other genres associated with teen rebellion. I’m reminded of the Brian Deneke case down in Texas in the late 90s, where the punk kid who was killed was put on trial for his taste in music.

12 Likes