Black Lives Matter. Still

The particulars here are heinous… and normal in the world of prosecuters and cops.

13 Likes
15 Likes

Look who’s back. It’s John McWhorter, the official Black Best Friend™ of the NYT’s white “liberal” readers trying to make them feel comfy.

[Archive]

16 Likes

Person known for saying stupid things says stupid things in a publication dedicated to spreading stupid things. I hate that this has any currency in our society. :unamused:

15 Likes

Emory Douglas art for the BPP…

A collection here…

15 Likes
15 Likes
17 Likes

Ugh. This keeps happening.

On the plus side in research that does look at the differences:

In general, having a sense of belonging on social media has profound effects for young people of color.

These online communities included group chats on Snapchat, House Party, WhatsApp, Discord, anime fanfiction sites and sports and hobby-related groups.

13 Likes

A good list… also, at least several of those (Johnson and Trump) belong in the worst president list.

12 Likes

I have to suspect that, with the passage of time and assuming the country survives, Il Douche will move up that list quite rapidly.

15 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4: Could be? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Should be…

17 Likes

Angry Work GIF

9 Likes
16 Likes

Turning Around GIF by HBO Max

16 Likes

Damn it, Youngkin, you fucking ghoul.

20 Likes
16 Likes

I have sung with Adrian and his singers a number of times, including in the kickoff to his latest album at the time: first week of March 2020. Yeah, that tour got canceled. But he’s still going strong, with new material, and has made it his life’s work to use music to catalog the struggle and the strength of African-Americans. This is a PBS show about a recent concert at the Harris Theater in Chicago. I highly recommend listening to the whole thing, because it’s not just the singing (which is transcendent) but also his commentary on what he is doing and why:

15 Likes

(Includes clip of her reaction.)

16 Likes

(excerpt) “I think that Germany has looked at their history in involvement in the wars — one and two — and embrace it and say, ‘This is where we went wrong. This is how it went wrong. This is why it can’t go wrong again,’” Cranston explained. “And I think they have done a very commendable job in doing so. But the United States really hasn’t. You present it and say, well, 400 years of slavery, yeah, but…we’re moving on. No, let’s really discuss it. How did that happen? How did we get to a point where we treated other human beings as slaves?”

23 Likes

Animated GIF

17 Likes