Black Lives Matter. Still

8 Likes
4 Likes

Occasional win, at least partially.

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Any person who is not seeking radical change in America is, at best, a passive supporter of white supremacy.

7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

“Pastor Kent Crawford called it odd that the cross was burned as the guest and his family was planning to come to the church.”

Yeah, that is pretty odd, isn’t it?

5 Likes

"For example, one month before the raid at Wilson’s home, plainclothes Chicago police officers raided the birthday party of T.J. Jackson Jr., a 4-year-old black boy. During the raid, officers knocked over the child’s birthday cake and damaged beds and other items in the home as they searched for drugs and a suspected ecstasy dealer who had not lived at the residence for years.

In a federal lawsuit, T.J.’s family argued that police made a point of damaging items in the home as children screamed in fear. They accused officers of pouring hydrogen peroxide on several flipped mattresses in the home and damaging several of T.J.’s birthday presents. The raid ended with zero arrests and no apology from the officers. "

As usual, the suffering and cruelty is the point.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/bussarebel/status/1134610831558160384?s=21

6 Likes

Jesus. 8 years old. I just finished tutoring a kid in 4th grade. He would be about that age. He’s little. (I normally tutor high school kids.) Kept hiding inside his shirt when he wasn’t sure what he should be doing. There is no way a kid of that age should be in handcuffs.

6 Likes
4 Likes

George stinney Jr was the youngest person to be sentenced to death in the 20th century in the United States. He was only 14 years old when he was executed in an electric chair.

During his trial he always carried a Bible in his hands.

5 Likes

Yesterday was Jefferson Davis Day - which is still a state holiday in Alabama.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Tamir Rice would have turned 17 this year. He was 12 when he was murdered.

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is fucking insane and tragic and infuriating for so many fucking reasons.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

8 Likes

This was a very interesting (and upsetting) piece for me to hear:

Although this is presented as “black doctors were more effective with black men than non-black doctors” I cannot help but hear “white doctors are less effective with black men.” Reading between the lines again, “Black doctors took more notes and interacted more in non-medical areas” than white doctors, would seem to indicate that we (white docs) don’t treat blacks (and especially black men) like people. I hope that my colleagues in adult medicine will take note of this study and rethink how they treat their “not like me” patients, but I am not certain how many will have the self-awareness to see themselves in the description. Based on the differences found in the study, the vast majority of the health outcome and lifespan differences between black and white men could be eliminated if we all treated patients the way black doctors treat black patients. But no, there is no institutional racism or unconscious bias. None at all. We had a black president, y’all!

12 Likes