10 Likes
4 Likes

And that’s how to be an ally.

7 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes

Tommy Wiseau Rage GIF by The Room

12 Likes

At 8 months’ pregnant, she should have been getting proper prenatal care, which could have diagnosed pre-eclampsia or other dangerous complications. But, she was a Black woman, and we know what that means in the medical world.

3 Likes

Gray contends that he got permission from the school to teach the book, however in January white parents complained about that book claiming it “was divisive and injected what they regarded as unwelcome political views on systemic racial inequality 1 into their children’s classroom,” according to the lawsuit.

1 Also known as “facts,” things which should be, have been, but are no longer, welcomed in an educational setting.

4 Likes

Cross-posted:

9 Likes

That’s a really hard read

9 Likes

More on Tori Bowie and other Black athletes affected by high maternal mortality rates:

7 Likes

That survey at the end
 :cry::

8 Likes

Words fail me

2 Likes

I would answer ‘get worse, but then, get better’, and I hope I’m right. It would be Pollyanna-ish to think we’ve hit rock bottom and are steadily getting better, but I do think the numbers and access to information and ability to organize thanks to the internet make it impossible for racists to truly attain full power again. A last push, that they’re doing now, sure, but they can’t sustain it. They don’t have the numbers, and most of them are dying off.

Like the story I just posted, white people keep thinking it’s business as usual, but it isn’t. Sure, they’re not going to go down easy, but they don’t have the absolute control anymore.

8 Likes

In their desperation, they are willing to rig the system to ensure minority rule and strip the majority of the right to protest. At the same time they use every method possible to slow down efforts to declare their actions illegal or invalid in court. I really get the feeling they are expecting more power from the state and federal level (via GOP pols) through legislation like the type being passed in TX and FL that would remove any risk of losing power because of a court decision:

8 Likes

Oh, absolutely, they’re going down swinging, but like Trump, the swinging is getting wilder and out of control and thus they don’t land the punches they used to. Thankfully. We can’t let up, but they’re very much in the losing position, and they know it.

6 Likes

Yes. Gotta keep pushing back and calling them out!

ETA: FOR NON-USians:

6 Likes

Juneteenth coverage:

14 Likes

As my daughters would say:

Laurieann Gibson Wow GIF by So You Think You Can Dance

9 Likes

https://archive.ph/7DiFu

8 Likes