Black Lives Matter. Still

11 Likes

Update on the hate crime described above, and the evidence that confirmed that conclusion:

Also, some positive news:

:popcorn:

11 Likes

Today I learned through this de-bunking article series by Radley Balko (one of the few libertarians who doesn’t expect the police to protect them from their slaves) that there’s a typically dishonest effort in the right-wing media sphere to exonerate convicted killer cop Derek Chauvin.

7 Likes

:weary: I’m so tired of seeing the right-wing conspiracy videos swaying public opinion. It makes me wish deprogramming folks was as simple as this ST:TNG scene.

Here’s the final Black History Month lesson from Michael Harriot:

11 Likes
8 Likes

Michael Harriot covers the impact of GOP efforts to eliminate DEI on Black student athletes and athletic programs in general:

This will be me if sportsball programs in anti-DEI states go down the tubes because Black students flee those states:

Vice Tv Reaction GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

12 Likes

“But muh sportsball!!!”

:rofl:

8 Likes

Has that man ever not knocked it out of the park?

8 Likes

Michael Harriot for president!

7 Likes

Angry Al Pacino GIF by Arrow Video

11 Likes

The family reported that the deputies delayed helping Gainer after he was shot… and that the family was forced out of the home while officers “rummaged through their house looking for any justification for shooting and killing Ryan”.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

That looks like an amazing park… the wall with all the names from the 1870 census… when the journalist finds his name… :sob:

10 Likes

crossposted from the sportsball thread…

6 Likes

:clap:t4:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I posted the decision previously- but here’s the link again:

I can’t overstate the risk this decision represents to diversity contracting programs at every level of government. And particularly the perhaps most important one at the Federal DOT.

9 Likes

Vinicius Jr. thinks about leaving football and cries when he remembers the fight against racism on the field.

“It’s increasingly sad. I have less and less desire to play. I believe everything I’ve been going through with each game, each day, with each complaint is very sad. It’s very sad, not just me, but all black people who suffer on a daily basis. Verbal racist abuse is the least compared to everything that black people go through in the world. I have struggling a lot against everything that has happened to me. It’s exhausting to be alone. I’ve made so many complaints and no one is punished, no club is punished. Every day, I fight for everyone who goes through this. If it were just for me and my family, I don’t know if I would continue. But I was chosen to defend a very important cause and one that I study every day so that in the future my five-year-old brother doesn’t go through what I’m going through.”

9 Likes
8 Likes