Black Lives Matter. Still

Is it happening for anyone else that links to The Grio take me to MSN.com’s feed for the Grio, and no link to the actual article?

6 Likes

works properly for me ( tested firefox and chrome on android. ) if you press and hold on the link ( or right click if you’re on pc ) you might see where it’s trying to take you. if that looks good, maybe you have the msn app or something and it’s hijacking the links?

5 Likes

Happening for me too, across Android and Windows using Firefox and Chrome. I don’t have the MSN app set up anywhere and use Ublock.

I see on the PC that the original link loads for a second before the re-direct. I’m assuming it’s something on their server.

6 Likes

Works properly for me. That’s weird, though.

6 Likes

I thought this video was a good examination about an old problem visiting a new generation.

7 Likes

you and @catsidhe could try something like this maybe…

6 Likes

It works for me. I use Brave browser on Android and I always get the following Google pop-up:

I assume it may be related to videos embedded in The Grio website? Regardless, I always choose “Block” and it doesn’t impact my ability to read The Grio stories that are posted.

5 Likes

“In [white] massive resistance to the Brown decision, we see the roots of the Black male educator shortage, not just teacher shortage – but educator shortage,” Dr. Leslie T. Fenwick, author of “Jim Crow’s Pink Slip: The Untold Story of Black Principal and Teacher Leadership” ​​told ABC News. “We see the purge of Black male principals and teachers and we are still living with that purge.”

I had never heard this story before, and it answers a lot of questions I had. It also is yet another reason to be furious at the racism that sparked this bullshit.

9 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

11 Likes

Another interesting history lesson from Michael Harriot on the 70th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education:

10 Likes

[ETA]

9 Likes
8 Likes