Black Lives Matter. Still

Is it happening for anyone else that links to The Grio take me to MSN.com’s feed for the Grio, and no link to the actual article?

6 Likes

works properly for me ( tested firefox and chrome on android. ) if you press and hold on the link ( or right click if you’re on pc ) you might see where it’s trying to take you. if that looks good, maybe you have the msn app or something and it’s hijacking the links?

5 Likes

Happening for me too, across Android and Windows using Firefox and Chrome. I don’t have the MSN app set up anywhere and use Ublock.

I see on the PC that the original link loads for a second before the re-direct. I’m assuming it’s something on their server.

6 Likes

Works properly for me. That’s weird, though.

6 Likes

I thought this video was a good examination about an old problem visiting a new generation.

7 Likes

you and @catsidhe could try something like this maybe…

6 Likes

It works for me. I use Brave browser on Android and I always get the following Google pop-up:

I assume it may be related to videos embedded in The Grio website? Regardless, I always choose “Block” and it doesn’t impact my ability to read The Grio stories that are posted.

5 Likes

“In [white] massive resistance to the Brown decision, we see the roots of the Black male educator shortage, not just teacher shortage – but educator shortage,” Dr. Leslie T. Fenwick, author of “Jim Crow’s Pink Slip: The Untold Story of Black Principal and Teacher Leadership” ​​told ABC News. “We see the purge of Black male principals and teachers and we are still living with that purge.”

I had never heard this story before, and it answers a lot of questions I had. It also is yet another reason to be furious at the racism that sparked this bullshit.

9 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

11 Likes

Another interesting history lesson from Michael Harriot on the 70th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education:

10 Likes

[ETA]

9 Likes
8 Likes

Michael Harriot sums up very well why most Black voters DGAF about Black celebs endorsing 45 or political purity tests:

11 Likes

This link directs me to msn and is completely unreadable to me. Also, it hijacks the back button so I can’t leave the page using the back button.

MAGAfrican-American. I did a LOL

6 Likes

Something really weird is happening with The Grio, and it looks to be at the server end: depending on where you’re looking at it from, you GET thegrio.com, and the response is a redirect (X-Redirect-By: WordPress) to
https://www.msn.com/en-us/channel/source/TheGrio/sr-vid-k9anrgku0qg0cy5d46sqjmqagx0d5nks6nevpu5se42fybrqvbia. Which then doesn’t actually show you the article.

Or, at least, that’s what I’m seeing in Australia. No, turning off the adblocker didn’t help. No, it’s not the browser settings. I GET from thegrio.com, and the response comes from msn.com: that’s happening at the server.

I’m guessing people in the US are getting thegrio.com, as you’d expect.

4 Likes

Check a few posts up (or 1 post up. ninjaed!). Seems to be an issue

grio links always work for me, and Michael Harriot reminds me that he’s a national fucking treasure every time I click them

8 Likes

This is all a distraction from the topic, of course.

Except in that I also would like to be reminded that Michael Harriot is a national fucking treasure, but I can’t because it looks very much like that MSN has enshittified The Grio into non-existence to anyone they don’t think should be allowed to see it. Which means that the issues it talks about are locked away where they can’t inspire others, and where others can’t find out what’s going on in that sphere.

divide et impera as a service.

6 Likes

Test:

And I am NOT in the US (today)

8 Likes
  • I am in the US; this link takes me to the article
  • I am in the US; this link takes me to MSN.com
  • I am not in the US; this link takes me to the article
  • I am not in the US; this link takes me to MSN.com
0 voters
8 Likes