Black Lives Matter. Still

9 Likes

Three of the men filed a lawsuit in federal court in New York. They said they were told to leave a plane waiting to take off in Phoenix and noticed five other black men who also had been ordered off the flight.
The men said airline employees told them they were removed because of a complaint about body odor, which they said was false. The men said they complained about discrimination.

rage GIF

12 Likes

Harriot is correct about that, and Biden doesn’t ‘need’ to “care about Black folks” in order for him to be the better candidate overall… but that still doesn’t make Rose’s open support of a fascist in anyway “okay,” let alone ‘fascinating.’

11 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Dont Do That Smh GIF by Harlem

14 Likes

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

Has anyone dug up a picture of this jackass in Black face? :thinking:

Holy shit WTF was this idiot thinking?!?

10 Likes

“Nobody has ever done anything like this before!”

12 Likes

That’s actually a really good book; I read it in high school.

12 Likes

Well now that we’ve heard it from him, we know it must be true.

Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

9 Likes

I mean, how can we really know that racism exists unless a white man tells us so? It’s not like we can trust PoC’s to report accurately their everyday lived experience, now can we?

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

14 Likes

And of course inspired this SNL segment:

8 Likes

Yeah… in pre-Civil Rights 1961, such an experiment was groundbreaking; Sixty-fucking-three years later, in 2024?

Not so much.

11 Likes

11 Likes

U.S. First Army soldiers held a ceremony in honor of Waverly Woodson Jr. on the beach where he came ashore and was wounded… For the next 30 hours he treated 200 wounded men while under intense small arms and artillery fire before collapsing from his injuries and blood loss, according to accounts of his service.

Woodson’s battalion, the only African American combat unit on Omaha that day, was responsible for setting up high-flying inflatable balloons to prevent enemy planes from buzzing over the beach and attacking the Allied forces.

At a time when the U.S. military was still segregated by race, about 2,000 African American troops are believed to have taken part in the D-Day invasion

13 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/08/jazz-black-community-highways-concurrence-album

Jazz duo takes on how US highways hurt Black communities

A long-time jazz duo is tackling an often-overlooked episode in U.S. history — the destruction of Black communities thanks to the Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956.

The big picture: Greg Bryant and Paul Horton of the jazz duo Concurrence released Friday their ambitious “Indivisible” LP that tells the story of how highways like Interstate 40 upended vibrant communities of color in Nashville.

11 Likes

It’s even worse than the onebox makes it sound.

In another post, she wrote, “Thanks black community for helping to launch my new career in conservative media! You all played your role well like the puppets you are.”

13 Likes

I have no time nor energy for such a hate-mongering troll; I trust that her own bad karma will bite her on the ass soon enough.

15 Likes

Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

:thinking: Maybe it has something to do with our experiences, history, and news like this…

…as well as writers unable to find a better synonym for systemic racism than “racial conspiracy theories.”

13 Likes

It’s not a conspiracy theory if it’s factually true.

15 Likes

gift article.

9 Likes
13 Likes