Black Lives Matter. Still

8 Likes

AP version:
https://apnews.com/article/gullah-geechee-sapelo-georgia-zoning-referendum-petition-3a06fca16c50aea3d29498cee553a9ea

AP version:
https://apnews.com/article/terrell-davis-broncos-handcuffed-flight-united-7c759a56327008dd5d21c8ba8dd43486

10 Likes
7 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

13 Likes

13 Likes
12 Likes

Surprising he didn’t also call her a “negro.”

10 Likes

What a shitty thing to say, Brian, but I think this speaks to her credit.

I thought the Republicans wanted America to come first, prioritize Americans, speak to the people directly and represent them first and foremost and all that? Oh… but not those ones of course. Yes, how dare she. :yawning_face:

12 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Well…at least he’s not trying to say it was a good shooting. Still…this is weak. You know damn well why the deputy killed her. You just don’t want to say it.

“We will probably never know why he did what he did,” Campbell continued, referring to Grayson, "but I’m committed to providing the best service we can to all of you.”

12 Likes

6 jobs though. We will probably never “know” why Jack Campbell hired a chronically unemployable sociopath and armed him before turning him on the public, but if he is committed to providing the best service he can then he should resign.

12 Likes

If he really is committed to that, he should resign and start advocating for defunding the police. Because the reason why he hired that guy is that ACAB.

10 Likes
12 Likes

Interesting timing. Didn’t the last living victim die recently?

8 Likes

One of the last three passed away. Two are still living:

10 Likes

Seeing justice prevail is so important, and that’s basically gone now.

7 Likes

I’d say yes and no… making some sort of reparations would matter to the descendants… And you’re right that that isn’t really justice. I’d love for at least one of the victims to see compensation being made while they’re still with us.

And then, it should be in the hands of historians to ensure this history is properly taught and that people are made aware and understand how this kind of event happens.

10 Likes

For that to happen, Election Day 2024 has got to be a rout. It must be made crystal clear that the best America doesn’t look back to when we were less than, but forward to when we can more fully embody lofty ideals for everyone.

11 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You’re right, it’s got to so clear that the country is rejecting Trumpism (and all the reactionary, authoritarian shit) once and for all. Then maybe we can finally start to redress our wrongs…

9 Likes