Black Lives Matter. Still

13 Likes
11 Likes

Because he had the same first name. :rage:

13 Likes

:rage:

16 Likes

Party of personal freedom, on display. Personal freedom for certain folks only, of course.

13 Likes
11 Likes

at least part of the suit is still pending, but at this rate it seems like he’ll graduate before it’s finished. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The only claim he let stand was an allegation of sex discrimination based on the school district’s lack of clearly defined policies on why girls could be allowed to have long hair but boys could not.

( also apparently there’s also a separate lawsuit from another student. but seriously: filed in 2020? it’s 2024 now. that student will also be done soon enough. and then i can’t help but think it’ll be dismissed because of standing. )

Barbers Hill’s hair policy was also challenged in a May 2020 federal lawsuit filed by two other students. Both withdrew from the high school, but one returned after a federal judge granted a temporary injunction, saying there was “a substantial likelihood” that his rights to free speech and to be free from racial discrimination would be violated if he was barred. That lawsuit is still pending.

side note: it’s a very weird irony that the school is called “barbers”. nominative lawsuitism.

8 Likes

[ETA]

12 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

Should be two counts of murder, Ohio is a forced-birth state.

12 Likes

Here’s the last word:

# Back on the job: Alabama town’s first Black mayor reinstated, sworn into office

11 Likes

They appear to be charging him with involuntary manslaughter as regards the fetus.

8 Likes

Braxton said he knows of at least five white residents who have put their homes on the market in the two months since it became apparent that he would return to office.

“It’s scary for me because all of my white neighbors are moving,” one white Newbern resident said.

and:

Because of that fear, people who spoke out about the racism in Newbern were not willing to be quoted, instead requesting anonymity.

“Fear is alive and well in Newbern,” one white resident said.

the fear of not being able to be as racist as they used to be i guess. won’t someone think of the children white people!?

9 Likes

Michael Harriot’s history lesson and feedback about the Uncommitted:

9 Likes
5 Likes

There’s blaming the victim, and then there’s this evil:

14 Likes

god damn it season 8 GIF by Shameless

8 Likes

A history lesson about generational trauma, especially as it pertains to US chattel slavery:

9 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes