Black Lives Matter. Still

8 Likes
13 Likes

Highly selective, carefully targeted use of minimal force:

8 Likes

Thread:

Reminder that Minneapolis is a northern blue state city with a Democratic mayor.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Why is tear gas prohibited in warfare but permitted in policing?

Because soldiers and police both serve the ruling class. Chemical warfare is for us, not them.

8 Likes
11 Likes

10 Likes

Not sure this quite gets it, but:

There’s still heavy racism – if this was all white people protesting the death of a white person, we wouldn’t see that. The violence is aimed at black people and the white people with them are a) collateral damage and/or b) tainted under white supremacy rules for hanging out with (and supporting) black people.

But the point about which mission and message the police support is correct. Or perhaps it’s because the cops know their place in the hierarchy. RW white people with $$$ --> cops --> poor white people – >non-Black or non-Indigenous --> --> Black and Indigenous. That hierarchy, incidentally, is why Amy Cooper felt safe and comfortable calling the cops on Christian Cooper. Even if it didn’t 100% work for her, it still actually worked. They came when called, and more than likely the thing that saved his life was that he wasn’t there when they arrived.

14 Likes

Thread:

7 Likes
10 Likes

What’s trending…and an excellent response to it from Michael Harriot:

5 Likes

And guess who’s been joining in?

As always…

4 Likes
5 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes

That’s how I remember Greenpoint. My sister told me then of one of her girlfriends who was walking (with some of her other friends) thru a neighborhood there. A group of white girls at one spot across the street picked up rocks from a lot and started pelting them and cursing them out, chasing them out of the neighborhood. Greenpoint, B’klyn, people.

5 Likes

Some small good news

11 Likes
2 Likes
10 Likes