Black Lives Matter. Still

13 Likes

But will it make a difference? Will there be any consequences for lying on official documents? Smart money says no.

15 Likes

Yep. It will not.

13 Likes

13 Likes
14 Likes

Did he call Windrush a mistake?

I hope one day to meet that man, punch his teeth down his throat, then tell him it was a mistake, and to get over his sense of victimhood.

10 Likes

David Goodhart is one of the people who are a big influence on Blue Labour, and Blue Labour have effectively redefined working class to not include BAME and LGBTQ+ people. For some reason they don’t think this is racist (or homophobic and transphobic, but that is a subject for another topic).

14 Likes

And talking about Grenfell…

13 Likes

Goddamn Tony Blair…

It took Philadelphia 35 years for this…

after multiple lawsuits

and continuing pain.

18 Likes
20 Likes

Ruby’s mom died this week. She was a remarkable woman. The article also links to stories about the women who integrated other New Orleans schools. I spent about an hour Wednesday reading them and was glad I did.

19 Likes

Thanks. Muito obrigado.

5 Likes

Oh, FFS. This is why BLM uses the phrase, “Say their names.” All this time and news coverage and this still happens:

18 Likes
9 Likes
15 Likes

A follow up on this. The family had an independent autopsy and that report agreed with the coroner that Bobby Charles drowned and the damage to his face came after death. He was found in shallow, muddy water in the middle of nowhere (an expanse of cane fields with very few people). The Iberia Parish sheriff is now investigating his death as a murder.

The story keeps getting stranger.
Charles was last seen with a 17 year old and his mother who his parents don’t know and they’re reported to have been high on mushroooms at the time.
The Baldwin police chief has been MIA since pre-covid (the mayor says he hasn’t seen his chief of police in over 9 months). Baldwin is where the father lives and his parents first reported Bobby missing to Baldwin police.

14 Likes

Do you want to do something, but don’t feel up to getting beaten and gassed?

There’s plenty to do.

18 Likes
8 Likes
19 Likes