16 Likes

That’s an awesome story!

11 Likes

Great idea:

First panel:

14 Likes

That is a great idea

9 Likes

Right? Even if it does mean that Lindsay the Graham Cracker would whine about it being reparations (as if that’s a bad thing).

Illinois is one state that’s trying to do a sort of watered-down version.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/evanston-illinois-could-be-first-city-to-use-marijuana-tax-to-fund-reparations-for-black-residents/ar-BB1esj0N

The City of Evanston will vote on March 22 on a program that would commit money from sales tax on marijuana to a reparations fund for Black residents. Evanston, Illinois, will be the first U.S. city to use revenue from marijuana sales to fund a reparations program to make amends for past racist housing practices.

13 Likes

Lindsay Graham hot take?

lit-critic-NEXT

It’s well past time for reparations, if you ask me.

11 Likes

Amber Ruffin’s take on this is fantastic:

19 Likes

I love this woman so much.

Amber Ruffin Lasagna GIF by PeacockTV

14 Likes

Clear and concise explanation of what’s wrong with “economic anxiety” and America being behind the rest of developed countries on so many things. Also, I think her outfit is absolutely fabulous. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
10 Likes

“F— them, I hope they lose,” one of the announcers can be heard saying, apparently not realizing his microphone was audible on the live broadcast. “They’re going to kneel like that? Hell no.”

“F------ n------,” the announcer later says toward the end of the anthem.

Norman went on to beat Midwest City, 53-40, Thursday. During Friday’s semifinals against Tulsa Union at Sapulpa, both teams knelt, The Oklahoman reported. Norman advanced to the finals with a win Friday.

At least there were consequences. But the richest part was this: “The announcer released a statement to several local news outlets, including The Norman Transcript and The Frontier, apologizing for his racist remarks – which he blamed on being a Type 1 diabetic and “spiking” blood sugar”

So apparently being diabetic causes one to become involuntarily racist? How extraordinarily inconvenient!

20 Likes

Didnt someone here keep a running list of “excuses for why I said racist things”? Add diabetes to the list I guess.

10 Likes

IIRC, it was a list of things LEOs are “afraid of,” but we can certainly start a list of people’s BS excuses for why they are racist assholes.

14 Likes

Re Elmendorf’s business
 not exactly Covid-conscious.

Note that much can be said about Schenectady (Majority voted for GOP) and the entire state. Perhaps Elmendorf felt he was safe there in spewing his shit:

NYSpoldemo

6 Likes

15 Likes

I liked this response to that bullshit

There are a lot of symptoms of high blood sugar, racism is not one of them. https://t.co/q9l3Kd49Ne

— JDRF (@JDRF) March 13, 2021
15 Likes

I see a few White faces in there, kneeling in solidarity; good for them.

It’s also very encouraging to read that the opposing team also knelt during the next game after that.

15 Likes

Somehow missed by the announcer. Gee. How could that be.

That I did not know. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I could tell that was Keith Knight just by the lettering.

4 Likes