Blizzident: 3D printed whole-mouth-at-once toothbrush

Yes. So very yes. Put in mouth, have its way with me. Wants it, my precious.

Actually sugar isnā€™t the worst thing for your teethā€¦ Potato Crisps are worse for example. http://www.livescience.com/2011-truth-tooth-decay.html

A Blizzident waiting to happen

Even a regular toothbrush triggers my gag reflex. I use an electric brush with a small head, chew gum, and hope for the best.

At the dentist, child-sized bitewings almost make me throw up all over the nice clean floor. Thankfully they have this new scanner that doesnā€™t require shoving those things in my mouth anymore. On the downside, itā€™s kind of like having GLaDOS get up in your face and make threatening noises.

This thing, though, is nightmare fuel.

If anyone followed the Emeritus scandal may have seen mention of the terrible conditions related to dental hygiene for the elderly. Something like this, though an expensive proposition might truly improve the ability of health care workers to clean less responsive patients teeth quickly and effectively.

Seems like it would work well for people in comas, long term care or vegetative states as well.

Iā€™m not really sure how something that huge and relatively inflexible gets past my lips. I mean, Iā€™ve shocked dentists with how wide I can open my mouth, but my exterior organ still gets in the way.

Chindogu, obviously.

I had a hygienist tell me this once, as well. I dunno, though, my teeth donā€™t feel nearly as clean if I brush them without toothpaste though.

This thing? Oh hell no. I can handle the time it takes to brush my teeth normally, thank you very much.

I showed this to a family member that is a dentist. Hereā€™s his reply:

ā€œThereā€™s no way that works. It canā€™t get between teeth where 75 percent of problems start, and you canā€™t manipulate it. Plaque removal requires circular motion of the bristles. A toothbrush is more effective with a smaller head anyway. I say scam.ā€

I just put a couple of those foot-cleaning-fish in my maw before I start the commute ā€“ just before arriving at work I stick a bit of wasabi in there and crunch down for a nice, healthy, low-fat sushi breakfast (of course, then I need more fish ā€“ circle-o-life). Perhaps I can get a plastic surgeon to create some sort of flap in my cheek so that I can brood the eggs.

Edit:
The only downside is that one of the fish must have had the larvae of those tongue eating isopodsā€¦ (if it would clean my teeth while it just sat there, Iā€™m sure that we could develop a thriving co-dependency)

There are some great old Listerine toothbrush sanitizers from the '20sā€¦

1 Like

Wait, a circular motion specifically? So the way I was taught by the dentist/hygienist that came to my gradeschool (brush away from the gums, take toothbrush off the teeth, return to the gums and brush away again) is wrong? Dammit! I was told to brush the plaque away from my gums!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.