Blogger killed by exploding gadget

Speak for yourself. Yum yum /s :wink:

4 Likes

Butā€¦ but thatā€™sā€¦ Thatā€™s not the same thing!!! Pressurized to 90 psi, shooting out of a fine nozzle, those would be practically weaponized

2 Likes

It was the best offensive cottage cheese in a can i could find in. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That siphon image didnā€™t appear to have an outgoing nozzle for yum to come out of, so Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the part that broke off the canister at high speed.

Iā€™ll just keep my soda siphon pointed away from me to be on the safe side. (though mine is a respected brand, so I wonā€™t lose any sleep over it)

edit: the post reply button should be better labeled.

Yeah, I think so. Itā€™s definitely not your typical kitchen accessory.

Pardon my French non speaking or reading, but does it mention the brand? I have a Isi brand I have used over 20 years and during that time replaced the seals. Should I worry more about Isis than Isi?

2 Likes

Unless you want carbonated whipped cream, yes.

1 Like

5 Likes

Come on yā€™all geeks : the point is she should have manually whipped it. The secret lies in the temperature of the cream ; it must be COLD, almost freezing.

I suspect that a personā€™s physical condition and body-build also plays a factor.

Ha! I laughed so hard I almost blew a gasket! ( too many blew a seal jokes )

4 Likes

Isi what you did there. Thanks for the set-up.

2 Likes

I think it was the plastic cap that goes over the cartridge that broke. If itā€™s too thin near the threads, itā€™ll crack, and both the cap and cartridge will go flying off. Either that or the whole top came off the container, but thatā€™s a lot more mass to accelerate and people arenā€™t as likely to have that part pointed at themselves.

And the fat content. If thatā€™s too low, you can whip it until your arm gets tired and still end up with a totally unsatisfying result.

Iā€™m thinking this was like a soda bottle rocket, where the compressed gas is above the liquid and uses the liquid as a reaction mass as it is expelled. The metal base of the can could easily accelerate to 70mph+ if pressurized to 80psi or more, if my rockets are anything to go by. Thereā€™s an estimate that uses the ideal gas law to calculate that a whipped cream dispenser could get to 80psi using 8g NO, and as a chemist the math looks right to me. I seem to remember from the news a kid dying after getting a baseball to the chest, so I was thinking it would be the base of the can hitting the chest at fastball speed. So the gadget cap would actually be pointed away/downish from the victim in this scenario.

1 Like

to die, yes, itā€™s tragic, to die and be remembered as a ā€œbloggerā€, unbearable.

Brightness falls from the air,
Queens have died young and fair
Blogger killed by exploding gadget
I couldnā€™t rhyme and had to fudge it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.