Bloomberg News accidentally publishes its pre-written "Russia invades Ukraine" story

Originally published at: Bloomberg News accidentally publishes its pre-written "Russia invades Ukraine" story | Boing Boing

9 Likes

This is just the impetus that Putin was waiting for…

6 Likes

F**k Bloomberg anyway! Even their corrections are behind a paywall!

9 Likes

Never put pre-written stories in the CMS.

CMS?

4 Likes

Putin using alt right excuses: “Well, if they’re going to call me an invader, I really have no choice. Here I go!”

See also: Fault Right | The Nib

8 Likes
13 Likes

Chekhov’s CMS.

They do keep a file of pre-written fill-in-the-blank obituaries for famous people.

16 Likes

Reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where a local newspaper editor unwittingly ends up hiring the Devil as a reporter/linotype operator, and the calamitous stories he prints all come true just after he prints them.

11 Likes

Always proofread your stories:

11 Likes

…at time of writing.

Was it a hack?

7 Likes

18 Likes

Carver

1 Like

The more stupid 2021 version of 1898’s

“You furnish the pictures. I’ll furnish the war.” – Wm. Randolph Hearst to Frederick Remington.

5 Likes

… I’ll mint the NFT.

11 Likes

Ok, now I’m imagining the reaction if they published 45’s obit by mistake. :laughing: Is Bloomberg on the “fake news” list? The conspiracy theories about body doubles and clones would be epic!

4 Likes

My favorite part about that episode was that the characters referred to Burgess Meredith as an “old man” more than 3 decades before he had that role in Grumpy Old Men.

And of course he lived long enough to be in the sequel as well.

6 Likes

And hopefully TFG would have a heart attack.

3 Likes

If they’re halfway competent, they surely keep the draft obits out of the editorial pipeline so that they can’t be published accidentally.

2 Likes

That’s a keeper, for sure.

2 Likes

8 Likes