Blue tape for your 3D printer's build plate

Heated glass build plate at about 65°C.
That’s it. The filament sticks just fine during printing, and when it cools down, the print pops straight off. (Trying to pull it off before it’s sufficiently cooled can be tricky).
Plus you get a glassy smooth finish on the bottom, unless I’m having under-extrusion problems again.

I’ve been using Print Bite for a couple of years (same piece) and it’s showing no wear and still performs as well as the day I got it. Plastic sticks to it when hot and detaches cleanly 20C or so cooler. Works great for PLA, PETG, ABS, and ASA.

You can find it at Mutley 3D. Comes in various sizes and Mutley ships quickly all over the world. I got my piece for free when he was in a good mood on IRC and was giving some away. I can’t imagine using a printer with any other bed now. I’ve used a variety of tapes (kapton, blue, green), buildtac (and clones), boro glass, etc. Print Bite is better than all of them in various ways. Though some of them have plusses which it doesn’t have. Glass gives you beautiful smooth bottoms on your prints and can be easily interchangable if that’s helpful.

Print Bite, for me, has been great as I can set my print jobs to drop the bed temp 20C from their print temps when they finish and then I can just go over and gently lift my print off the bed–no scraping, prying, etc. It means that leveling the bed isn’t necesary every print like it is with buildtac, glass, and tape. The side benefit is that the bottoms of prints don’t need glue cleaned off of them nor do they have damage around the edges from scrapers. Tape and buildtac need to be replaced from time to time, but Print Bite lasts a lot longer. I’m at two year on my sheet and it’s showing no signs of wear or needing replaced.

3D printing is hard enough as is without the added pain of worrying about bed adhesion. I do not miss having to worry about that as well as all of the other challenges of 3D priting.

I don’t want this to get weird, but 3M adhesives generally are top notch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.