Boars, Gore, and Swords podcast recaps Game of Thrones S6E09, "Battle of the Bastards"

[Read the post]

This.very.moment.

5 Likes

What bothered me about the episode was the whole flaming catapult thing. Traditionally wooden ships are far more vulnerable to flaming projectiles than stone cities. How was it the geniuses defending the city didn’t have their own flaming catapults? Not to mention that in the days here on Earth when such projectiles were quite the thing, it was considered too fucking dangerous to shoot from a wooden ship. Land batteries were happy to fire them, 200 years ago some European coastal forts had furnaces for heating iron roundshot.

2 Likes

Jon Snow really does know nothing.

He just went through outlining with Sansa that, for their plan to succeed, Ramsey Bolton had to attack him, not vice versa. But what does he do? Runs right towards Ramsey Bolton’s forces, after an obvious and inevitable provocation. And he and his men only survive through a completely coincidental and independent event that he had no knowledge of. If I were on Snow’s side, I’d politely excuse myself and take my bannermen elsewhere.

5 Likes

See if you keep your cool on the battlefield when you’re little brother is murdered in front of you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sansa TOLD him it was coming, that Rickon wouldn’t be allowed to live. Not much of a loss anyway, he seemed pretty much a dimwit through the whole series, and I include the books. How bright do you need to be to NOT run in a perfectly straight line from an archer trying to kill you?

1 Like

Yeah he was a dimwit. He deserved to die… :thinking:

Oh Sansa told him. The fool - he should’ve remembered what Sansa told him while he watched his brother die in the mud while his killer smirked at him.

Yup, that’s right. Could you see Stannis, The Blackfish, or his dad doing that? Nope.

2 Likes

Obviously he’d never watched Too Late The Hero.

Indeed. That’s because we’re talking about Jon Snow. He’s a different person.

Or The In-Laws:

1 Like

From who, the character he was for all the previous seasons where he was kinda cagy and smart, not letting those pricks in the Nights Watch get his goat, and being picked for command by Lord Mormont because of his leadership skills? This was the act of an impulsive person, not the character they created.

1 Like

[quote=“gellfex, post:13, topic:80140”]
From who, the character he was for all the previous seasons where he was kinda cagy and smart, not letting those pricks in the Nights Watch get his goat, and being picked for command by Lord Mormont because of his leadership skills? This was the act of an impulsive person, not the character they created[/quote]

Dying changes a person

If you say so, we do have limited data on resurrections.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.