Bob Barker, longtime host of The Price is Right, RIP

No matter the funk of whatever; dude always brightened many an otherwise crappy day for a lot of people. Took the camp a bit far, bad stuff from the 50s and 60s. RIP and thanks for the calm in the wake of a thousand fools screaming.

Got as close as he could to a century without going over. Seems fitting.

7 Likes

That’s a weird way (for CNN) to put it, as though someone else were pulling his strings.

4 Likes

NPR’s coverage of his death just ignored his harassment altogether… :rage:

2 Likes

That’s bland, whitened, middle-class, non-discomfiting NPR for you. I cant stand listening to it anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you. I still tune in, as I like our local shows. Rose Scott is especially great. Closer look does a great job discussing local issues and giving voice to a variety of perspectives in the metro area… Plus, she’s funny…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But more and more, the national shows just really lack spine. It can be hit or miss. I do like some of the shows that are not the news programs. Reveal is good, I enjoy American Routes, too.

4 Likes

Bob always seemed creepy to me but cheers to his spay and neuter program.

Ah the Price is Right is such a classic game show and many a kid my age watched it in the summer, or when you were home sick.

Had Bob made it too 100, I bet he would have gotten to reach into God’s coat pocket and pull out a crisp $100 bill.

“I don’t want ‘a piece,’ I want the whole thing!”

Watch Bob Barker Pour A Bedpan On Adam Sandler's Head In 'Happy Gilmore' Reunion | Decider

3 Likes

I haven’t bothered for a while. I only listen to the Code Switch podcast.

I occasionally listen to Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, but that’s it.

Even that devolved too often into everyone being very impressed at their own cleverness for it to be worth listening to, for me anyway. I believe the phrase is, “smelling one’s own farts”?

screenshot_20230827-092958_720

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.