Bob Barker, longtime host of The Price is Right, RIP

Originally published at: Bob Barker, longtime host of The Price is Right, RIP | Boing Boing

5 Likes

You want a piece of me b*tch?

9 Likes

Here’s the infamous Aaron Paul episode of Price is Right. It has more twists, turns, and heartbreak than an entire season of Breaking Bad.

8 Likes

For his part, he told the Los Angeles Times in 2000, “It was all in the minds of the women.”

Oh fuck off, Bob.

13 Likes

Say hi to Alex Trebek!

2 Likes

If there is an afterlife, I don’t think those two are in the same place.

10 Likes

Don’t forget to neuter your harassers and misogynists

12 Likes

Bob was a pig.

True story: whenever someone I know goes to get a vasectomy, I tell them “Oh, you’re getting the Bob Barker!”

8 Likes

I’ve sometimes wondered if his middle name was Carnival. (Or at least a nickname.)

4 Likes

He was a pig because he got a vasectomy?

No, just a pig. The second paragraph is a separate, unrelated thought.

4 Likes

Anyone Betty White hated is not a good person in my book.

5 Likes

I love watching the Price Is Right channel on Pluto and Roku, it’s a snapshot of my youth. I love seeing the cars and other prizes, brings back fond merories. And the clothes from the 70s and 80s, those were something.

But, in what world can anyone watch those shows and think Barker was harmless. You could see quite a few contestants were pretty uncomfortable.

There was one episode where a woman was having a wardrobe malfunction that Bob was making fun of, she was really embarrassed until finally a camera man ran out and gave her a jacket.

And several times when he was bantering with the models you could see how uncomfortable they were.

But spay or neuter seems to have given him a free pass.

4 Likes

tumblr_efb0839f0ef1083ccb4b73e0662bff0b_004c869b_540

(I used to think of that gif as funny, but now I think he may well have organized that as a “harmless prank.”)

4 Likes

He died on National Dog Day.

1 Like

The Cone of Shame industry will be forever in his debt.

bluey-muffin

I’m grateful for his work on behalf of animals.

3 Likes

I will give that there are probably a lot more birds alive today than there would have been with out him. Grudgingly

1 Like

I had to look that up to see what the deal was. Apparently he wanted to move an elephant at the L.A. Zoo to an open sanctuary for elephants. Betty White insisted that the elephant stay at the zoo. If that’s the case, shame on Betty White.

3 Likes

Since Bob Barker seems like he was… problematic, here’s someone everyone’s more likely to miss (don’t blame me though, I’m just the messenger):

3 Likes