Boebert's humiliating poll results

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/29/boeberts-humiliating-poll-results.html

10 Likes

With any luck we’ll be less one Congressional dingbat come next January, and possibly plus one Democrat (if her old district remains competitive without her running in it).

11 Likes

Bye-bye BoBo.

15 Likes

:notes:
Bye Bye Bo Bo, Bo Bo Bye Bye

(Sung to the tune of the well-known Bay City Rollers hit. Someone needs to record it.)

5 Likes

yeah - sample size being so small this is effectively meaningless…but still good news…

5 Likes

Dear lord, how humiliating to come below Boebert…

…well that turned out moderately more smutty than I intended.

8 Likes

I’m not rejoicing until I hear what dingbat the party chose over her. I’m bracing myself. Whoever it is I hope they are job hunting in November.

9 Likes

lauren-boebert-beetlejuice-345x236

21 Likes

Whoever they pick in her stead, this is a hopeful sign that “notoreity for notoreity’s sake” isn’t the sure-fire election strategy that many assumed it to be in today’s political climate.

13 Likes

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

8 Likes

I can’t even say I’ll miss her as an easily-mockable horrible idiot. The Republican party has so many, one can easily just move on - it’s only the limits of (media, personal) attention that keep them all from being as famous as her.

11 Likes

8 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

6 Likes

Does she serve as a distraction? Hey, don’t waste time reading between the lines of the Congressional Record. Look at me!

3 Likes

I wonder what new nutty cracker polled highest, though. It is still the GOP, after all.

1 Like

66596243-2C2C-4B69-9E63-2577A192A4C8

2 Likes

To be (un)fair, Colorado’s least populated county appears to have a population of roughly 800 people, in which case this sample size is just fine.

2 Likes

This is valid. Fresh Crazy isn’t really as helpful as Less Crazy.

4 Likes

As I understand it from a friend who was a State Rep in Colorado in the early-mid 2000s, Colorado – more than most places – has a very much “wait your turn” culture when it comes to political advancement. He thought about running for the House or maybe State AG, and would have been a strong candidate in the general, but there were several others in his party who were manifestly “ahead” of him, so he didn’t.

That all said I’m not particularly surprised by this – and it’s important to let the more senior crazy person run!

1 Like

117 voters doesn’t sound like a terribly scientific poll. It is this another aspect of republic, not democracy?