Boeing spokesperson gets snarky

Originally published at: Boeing spokesperson gets snarky - Boing Boing

8 Likes
22 Likes

You’d have to have a few screws loose to be snarky at this point.

21 Likes

Loose, or just plain missing?

18 Likes

The company may have became numb to number of deaths given over 360 lives lost with two plane crashes and two whistleblowers’ “mysterious” deaths. By now they are thinking, “eh, what’s two lives worth given 2 billion in company revenue at stake? Think of the shareholders, we’re running a business here!”

11 Likes

Not as uneventful as it probably should have been, according to Ars Technica:

14 Likes

It’s technically within the tolerances of the dictionary definition; but “again” seems like a gutsy word when so much of your ‘success’ history is a combination of partially failed tests that ended up being graded on a curve and mandatory re-tests that you scraped out a passing grade on.

5 Likes

The screws’ location was omitted from the manual to avoid extra training.

10 Likes

Pure arrogance, born of monopoly

5 Likes

It’s about time for some Boing senior xecs to suit up and take a ride on their capsule. Let’s see just how confident they are in it.

9 Likes

Exactly, put up or shut up.

NASA should have said “how about this, if you’re so confident in Starliner, if it experiences any anomalies during re-entry you give all profits from now until 2030 to NASA, agreed?”

One could contend that Boeing may not be seeing to much profit in those years, but they keep mistaking false confidence in their aircraft with the quality of their aircraft.

6 Likes

Why the heck does there seem to be no more news about the whistleblowers’ deaths? It feels like everyone is shrugging and saying “Oh well, Boeing will be Boeing!” Where are the public hearings? Why isn’t a legal sword of Damocles hanging over the entire company now?
(I may well be unaware of important information here, but superficially it feels like those incidents have fallen straight down the memory hole.)

6 Likes

… last I heard they were still dead :thinking:

3 Likes

Does Boeing have a biological reanimation division?

Because the suggestion that Boeing had anything to do with Barnett’s suicide or Dean’s pneumonia is nothing more than a dim-witted conspiracy theory?

The snark has gone over my head like a Boeing aircraft is supposed to. What is the “Calypso” reference?

Yeah, I’m not saying Boeing took a hit out on Barnett, but I think saying they didn’t have anything to do with his suicide is downplaying how incredibly abusive companies can be to would-be whistleblowers. It’s not a conspiracy to suppose that kind of thing can wreck a person’s mental health.

6 Likes

Whistling in the darkness of space.

2 Likes

That falls under their Public Relations department.

3 Likes

There are two active Starliner spacecraft. One of them is named Calypso, the other is yet unnamed.

3 Likes