Boing Boing readers among web's most educated

I’m sure someone’s interpreting this list as defining “a bunch of mindless jerks who’ll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes”

9 Likes

No, I just mean they like primates. I don’t know what you are trying to say.

3 Likes

…seems a little vague. Are they are looking at tracking data to see which BB readers later visit college alumni websites?

I would guess that websites like the Times Higher Education Supplement, Academe, and The Daily Nous draw a more educated audience, but Quantcast is probably not trying to sell them their services.

4 Likes

Yeah, we’re all clearly too damn intelligent to buy into that correlation -> causation shit…even though it just happens to be spot on this time.

4 Likes

I love that there is a site called youngcons where most of the readers are over 45

15 Likes

Oh man, I am so going to include a link to my BBS user profile in my tenure review portfolio this year.

17 Likes

Two whole spots above Dilbert!

4 Likes

I assumed “prosimian” was correct. I, for one, am a ring-tailed lemur.

6 Likes

I’m sure Fark would slap an “Obvious” tag on this story.

4 Likes

Set phasers to Self-Wank!

6 Likes

9 slots below celebitchy . com, a site apparently about itchy celebrities. (Who would have guessed there was an audience for that?)

8 Likes

We went to Wharton - we’re like very smart people!

3 Likes

We’re #13! We’re #13!

Whoohooo!

7 Likes

They leave that floor off of high rise buildings, you know…

4 Likes

I fixed the air conditioning at Wharton, Does that count?

I did attend a lecture by the Dalia Lama at U of Penn 30 years ago, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

14 Likes

Absolutely- they have the classiest air conditioning- beautiful!

6 Likes

is this the line to smell our own farts?

1 Like

Before we break our wrists patting ourselves on the back, let’s remember the fact that this is just the number of people with at least undergrad degrees. There are plenty of smart folks around here, but 27% of people in the US have at least a bachelor’s degree, and about 42.3% have at least an associate’s degree.

Just putting it out there. I think that the crowd here is generally pretty “smart” but, “has an undergrad degree” is not a particularly exclusive group to throw yourself into, and there are plenty of people with undergrad and graduate degrees that are stupid, evil bastards. It warrants a “huh” and not much else.

6 Likes

so… according to this dubious reporting, boingboing readers are only slightly smarter than those who enjoy dilbert, and far less so than those who frequent gawker content sites… oof.

10 Likes

Quoting Quantcast:

direct measurement and inferential statistical models

All yur dataz are belong to us!

4 Likes