Bold statement made at impeachment hearing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/bold-statement-made-at-impeach.html

2 Likes

When you have to destroy democracy but you also have to pick up cucumber water and organic lettuce on the way home.

39 Likes

The endangered-species-leather briefcase that Donnie Jr. brought him back from safari sends the wrong message.

15 Likes

What’s with the re-usable bag? Real Republican grocery shoppers use a single-use plastic bag for every individual item to demonstrate how little they care about the enviroment.

42 Likes

Perhaps this is some ham-fisted attempt to win over upper-middle-class liberals who would be otherwise unsympathetic to the Republicans’ arguments?

11 Likes

And double bag each item. This guy’s a snowflake commie terrorist.

17 Likes

Product placement in congress. Knew it was a matter of time. Why don’t any of them have big Pepsi cups in front of them?

3 Likes

He knows who’s watching.

17 Likes

Live. Eat. Re-use. Impeach.

18 Likes

If he really knew, he’d have Diet Coke instead of Deer Park on the bench.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Brawndo has the electrolytes that plants crave.

15 Likes

Nothing says “professional” like an old grocery bag.

4 Likes

Reminded thusly:

4 Likes

I think as long as it’s pushing capitalism, he’s good.

2 Likes

Bags are functional.

Of all the stuff going down in these proceedings, this is the weirdest thing to shame someone about.

7 Likes

I suppose because it’s all a big show and high-stakes high-school drama and he brought the wrong prop. Only here for the updates, would never watch a minute of this so bring a my little pony backpack for all I care of the visuals

Do you even know what electrolytes are?

3 Likes

So are cable-knit sweaters and pajama pants but you don’t see most people showing up for congressional testimony dressed like Jeff Lebowski.

7 Likes

Yeah! They’re what plants crave!

14 Likes

i’m sure someone can green-screen something onto that.

1 Like