Tennessee lawmaker drinks from chocolate syrup bottle during legislative session without shame

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/04/tennessee-lawmaker-drinks-from.html

4 Likes

He thinks a water bottle costs 25-45 dollars? Is that U.S. dollars?

10 Likes

A friend of mine uses a Hershey Syrup bottle for his water in the gym. He loves all of the looks people give him when he takes a huge swig.

The crazy part is that he’s a bit of an organic-food health nut and had to get the empty bottle from his sister.

24 Likes

39 Likes

Drinking?

Are we sure he’s not spitting into the bottle?

Update: Because, you know, chocolate spittle fetish.

4 Likes

Ermagerd, I came to post the same exact thing.

2 Likes

I’ve been tempted to carry around a hip flask of chicken broth for this kind of gag.

“Hey ya wanna nip?”

sputters “WTF is this soup?!”

15 Likes

As weird as the optics are, even if it were chocolate is that worse than him eating a few chocolate bars during a legislative session? It’s all just chocolate.

4 Likes

i totally respect this. we need more visible people in government walking the talk of reusing and recycling. (and fwiw, i’d totally put whiskey in there)

21 Likes

Sure, you can get a plastic one for a couple bucks, but a bottle with a longer life and keeps cold more than a couple hours is $10-20, minimum.

7 Likes

I believe the expression You do you! fits this occasion.

12 Likes

I can’t be the only person to use some milk to wash out the last of the chocolate syrup, right?

17 Likes

You’re not the only one, waste not, want not!

4 Likes

I love the idea of using one for a water bottle!

4 Likes

Chocolate syrup is not chocolate.

7 Likes

Well, it’s “chocolatey tasting”, I’m sure there’s some cacao in it. There are a lot of different types of chocolate preparations, some better than others, how about “it’s all just candy”?

4 Likes

EE9DMAPU4AA6iAI

7 Likes

I agree it is weird, and if this was the worst/weirdest thing about him I would happily like to discuss it. HOWEVER…he’s part of the GOP…so given just that fact alone…fuck this bullshit, because I know he’s a sycophant asshole.

2 Likes
8 Likes

He’s micro dosing Hershey’s chocolate, I saw him do it!

6 Likes