Lawsuit: Fireball Cinnamon miniatures containing no whisky are fraudulent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2023/01/26/lawsuit-fireball-cinnamon-miniatures-containing-no-whisky-are-fraudulent.html

9 Likes

To be fair, there also not a ball of fire in there.

21 Likes

I don’t know why anybody would drink that stuff except for the the fact that it’s so cheap.

Ohhhhhh. . . now I get it.

10 Likes

I’ll stick with Mad Dog.

11 Likes

I’m legitimately a fan of Fireball.

Those little bottles are not Fireball! The ones that just say “Cinnamon” taste like someone took garbage wine and put in cinnamon flavoring, ruining both. You have to get the ones that say “Cinnamon Whisky” to get the real thing.

8 Likes

Remember Hot Damn? What ever happened to Hot Damn?

6 Likes

I still see it about.

I like Fireball, and not just b/c of the picture of my dad on the label. I have never been subjected to the heinous liquid described in the article and above, thank fuck.

7 Likes

cartoondevil

4 Likes

Zackly. A drunken cartoon devil.

2 Likes

Recovering alcoholic here: believe me, at my end I was drinking literal gas station rot gut like this…because I had no money and had to get something in me.

13 Likes

6 Likes

Once I went to the local liquor store and picked up one of every single mini cinnamon “beverage” I could find, and had a taste test with my sibling. Decent entertainment for an evening as long as you don’t do it on an empty stomach.

edit: both sad and relieved this stuff wasn’t included, maybe it’s time for another round

5 Likes

FB is SO gross. I tasted it once because someone decided that I HAD to try it. I like whiskey of all kinds, bourbon, Irish Whiskey, Scotch, rye, etc. This stuff is nasty on steroids.

4 Likes

Sort of unrelated, but the last time I had fireball I was getting drunk with Stabbing Westward as they told me a story about how they saw David Bowie naked.

8 Likes

Anyone who has seen The Man Who Fell to Earth all the way through has seen Bowie naked.

7 Likes

One of those things that are actually pretty fucked up once you think about them are the miniature bottles of liquor next to the candy on the impulse rack at the supermarket checkout. Do you have those in America or do stricter alcohol laws prevent that kind of thing?

3 Likes

*Beverage does not actually contain Rabies lyssavirus virus.

12 Likes

But - that’s why I’m spending the big bucks in it!

4 Likes

I’ve not seen them in the impulse racks at supermarkets in the US. I have seen them at convenience stores at the checkout counter, but usually in a case or behind the register so you have to ask for them.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen liquor in the impulse buy area in most grocery stores I visit, but I did specifically see the Fireball Cinnamon malt beverage stuff at the Save a Lot store I was in just a couple days ago. Then again, that particular Save a Lot is weird to begin with as it’s the only one I’ve been in that even carries alcohol.

2 Likes