The coat hook that pours you a shot when you get home

Originally published at: The coat hook that pours you a shot when you get home | Boing Boing

3 Likes

This is one brilliant, utterly civilized…wait, what’s that bottle?

13 Likes

Someone decided that a less than 1 minute delay in getting a fix is too long. :astonished:

4 Likes

Next up, please invent a gadget that will force your phone to be rotated into landscape format when you press the ‘record video’ button.

15 Likes

I’ve had a handle of Fireball on the bar for 5 years, can’t sell it even to underage drinkers…

P.S. it was gift, I think.

11 Likes

Love the useless inventions. My favorite are the COVID-era inventions like the Mask-Spenders

Here’s our local alt-weekly profiling Matt’s inventions:

7 Likes

“You can’t beat the taste of alcohol and plastic.” [Roy Scheider – “2010: The Year We Make Contact”]

5 Likes

I got a mini bottle in my whiskey advent calendar last December. My reaction was “so I guess someone decided to make an alcoholic version of those nasty “Red Hots” candies?”

It kind of makes sense in this context though. An unnecessary whiskey for an unnecessary invention.

5 Likes

I was going to ask why someone would buy that rather than just cinnamon schnapps, but I got a bottle of that one time for a mixer, and I swear that between the color, texture and taste someone had literally melted red hots in vodka and sold it to me for $9.99, and I have had Fireball before and I can attest that the Hiram Walker quality control rejected bourbon and antifreeze do kind of take that edge off.

8 Likes

@Ratel @Brainspore

It’s whiskey in name only, and surely the bottom of the barrel at that…

4 Likes

I guarantee you that it has never been so much as in the same room with a barrel.

6 Likes

Plastic Barrel?

3 Likes

Good point, but I looked it up and they seem to always call them tanks.

https://www.plastic-mart.com/liquid-fertilizer-tanks

3 Likes

Tanks a lot…

4 Likes

Sugary cinnamon tasting cheap booze?

Is this just Aftershock, but brown?

3 Likes

So… a WINO fit only for winos.

6 Likes

No, that’s Mad Dog 20 / 20…

t2PcqMWPvLJJ

7 Likes

I was this many years old when I learned that the MD in Mad Dog 2020 stands for Mogen David, and that “Mad Dog” is not any part of the official name of the product.

5 Likes

Ha, same happened to me. Once you get a bottle of that stuff it’s going to be on the shelf forever, can’t give it away.

1 Like

“When you get home” …wait, I was out?

5 Likes