Bonnie Bramlett sings "Superstar" to Leon Russell just months before he died

Originally published at: Bonnie Bramlett sings "Superstar" to Leon Russell just months before he died | Boing Boing

1 Like

Saw Leon / Toots and the Maytals on the Russian River back in the 70’s for $2.00 bucks, and that beautiful song by Bonnie made my eyes sweat.

4 Likes

Bonnie Bramlett is one of those names where everyone in the music industry knew who she is but to the general public isn’t a household word

Like, her name pops up all the time in association to a wide variety of other musicians across several decades

2 Likes

Putting Karen Carpenter up next to the lady is kinda challenging and not terribly respectful, I’da said. I mean let her have her moment of respect without going, but this is what it could have sounded like.

Wehn reading the title, I thought this was about cause and effect :expressionless:

It would reward one to look up the Rita Coolidge angle on the song - both in authorship and performance.

I saw Leon Russell in Kansas City back in the early 70’s myself, and I had that Delaney and Bonnie record that everyone had back in the day. Leon Russell was a powerful performer, eh? All of them kind of lived some hard years after cocaine became the drug of choice.

Delaney and Bonnie had a daughter, Bekka, who sang with Fleetwood Mac back in the 90’s and has gone on to have a pretty successful career herself. Bekka Bramlett - Wikipedia

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.