Book discussion thingie P3 - Reading "The Quarry"

The motto of the Wasteland: Thanks for coming! And if you didn’t, better luck next time!!

2 Likes

…“person_with_blond_hair”…?

Badass Tantric Dragons.

Have you ever seen Donald and Sting in the same room?

2 Likes

Thought I might need to soften the blow a little so, calling upon the ‘blonde’ archetype, I thought I might indicate It’s possible I might be missing something.

Sheesh, didn’t you get that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have those Underoos. That’s all I’m sayin’.

1 Like

Lovely Feyd.

1 Like

Wait…I’m about to have a group orgasm with a dozen strangers?

Cool.

1 Like

I find, to my chagrin, that a clarifying and somewhat apologetic edit that I’d added to that post yesterday seems to have been swallowed by the ol’ 502 Error monster… only this time without actually successfully adding the edit to the post. And now I can’t remember what I said. It did make more sense at the time, I promise. And I apologize for the unexpectedly and somewhat unpleasantly sticky biological nature of the post. :flushed:

3 Likes

Um, I’m right here, cuz.

2 Likes

1 Like

I still haven’t got my copy of the book, but should be very soon (this week, for certain, probably in the next 2 days).

The consensus seems to be that we will be discussing this chapter-by-chapter (3/4 said yes in Loomio, plus one abstained and only one disagreed). Are we all cool with this, or do some people still want to give their two cents about the issue or vote differently (here or on Loomio?).

Also, someone (@Donald_Petersen?) suggested we make a voting proposal in Loomio to see who already has the book. The problem is that not all people are able or remember to use Loomio for us to be sure everyone is set and ready to go. Maybe we should make a list here?

I’m gonna start the list from what I can remember (I hope I’m not mistaken!), add your own names if you already have the book or when you get it.

The members who have The Quarry

1. @Donald_Petersen
  2. @jerwin
  3. @daneel
  4. @miasm (?)
  5. @chgoliz (?)
2 Likes

Some day you are going to have to give me the names and data on your grandparents (and great grandparents, if you know) so that I can do the research and report exactly how many different levels of cousin we are to each other!

As of 5 minutes ago, I have the book in my possession.

2 Likes

@raita
I also have.

1 Like

As ready as I’m gonna be.

7 Likes

Yes, I am cool with that.

I haven’t been to Loomio yesterday or today, yet. But yes, that sounds A-OK.

My library’s online catalog shows 18 other books by Banks, but not this one, so I’ll hit up the bookstore tomorrow evening, probably. Sunday at the latest.

1 Like

I have it.

1 Like

And me and @noahdjango should be getting our copies very soon. So that’s at least 9 by the end of the week! If anyone gets their book or has any idea when they should be getting it, let me know.

I realized I have no real idea of how many people are in on this. There are 14 members on Loomio, plus there’s @SmashMartian and @jerwin (who still has a pending invitation on Loomio, don’t know what happened there?)… so at least 16 members, that I’m aware of.

Of course, more people are always allowed to join! :slight_smile:

Identical Cousins!

Book is waiting for me to pickup at the library…

1 Like

Hey @jlw, got your copy yet?