Boomers love to say "woke" but (surprise!) hate "OK boomer" and "mansplain," according to new survey

Subject to the stipulation that the other party be willing to unite in good faith; rather than insisting that unity means you giving them what they want; and failure to do that makes you the monster.

See also: people who suddenly discover the glorious virtues of ‘civility’ when they lose the floor and are no longer in the position to be the one shouting invective.

1 Like

Nope. Unite us & keep uniting us, the others are already United against us. Need evidence, look anywhere in the USA, right in front of our eyes. Those fuckers will never do one damn thing in good faith, they just can not and will not. Time to leave them on that hill they want to die on.

9 Likes

Jeez. I cooked some catfish last night. Was I supposed to call it something else?

21 Likes

Well thank you sooo much for chiming in with that brillliant insight! :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

n=1, but I’m a Boomer who only refers to the term sarcastically. In addition, I am quite comfortable using the terms ‘ghosted’, ‘extra’, ‘on point’, and most especially ‘mansplain’. While I don’t use them myself, I completely understand the terms ‘salty’, ‘catfish’, and ‘thirst’ and support their usage. And I good-naturedly roll my eyes when I hear “OK, Boomer”.

12 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was a real quote from 150 years ago or when ever.

Every generation ends up complaining about the younger generation. With out fail. I see it among my peer and I poke them and say they are getting old and crotchety.

3 Likes

Yeet makes me giggle instead of annoyed. Am I Gen-Xing wrong?

9 Likes

And yet you’re back anyway.
Ok, boomer.

1 Like

As it was in the begining, is now and forevermore shall be. Amen.

Did you intend to mean “Hear Hear!”?

2 Likes

download (31)

2 Likes
  1. People dislike things specifically intended to target and denigrate them, News at 11.
  2. I’m with Jacobin. ‘OK Boomer’ is the nonsense of picayune demographic divisiveness that only benefits the corporatocracy when what we actually need is a bit more like: ‘Medicare for all will help the young, poor, and marginalized!’ :handshake: ‘Single-payer Medicare for all will mean better coverage for everyone on Medicare!’ ⇒ “Come, Boomer, Gen X, Millennials, and Zoomers all, let us unite!”
3 Likes

Seems silly to hate words, they’re just words. But maybe an exception for homophones!

1 Like

Are the Boomers… OK? No, really: are they OK?

10 Likes

Roger was another notable boomer:

(Boomer is the term for an adult male 'roo.)

18 Likes

Oh, the poor little snowflakes.

1 Like

Nope, I like “yeet” too!

Obligs:

26 Likes

I like yeet. I feel like it conveys something unique somehow despite having synonyms “lob” or “toss” available.

As far as proper Gen X behavior… I dunno, kinda feel like “doing it wrong” is doing it right.

13 Likes

Ah, yes, “Woke”, a common accusation lately, as related to its antonym “ignorant”.

3 Likes

As a corporate-defined Gen-Xer, I tend to use a lot of this slang ironically. Like when my teenage daughter expressed dismay that an older man was wearing a similar leather jacket. I just looked at her and said ‘Ok boomer.’

3 Likes