This organisation claims to be a union and takes actions that look very much like they’re trying to appease the bosses and comply with their worldview. Do they even know what the word means?
single best argument this cannot possibly be an “emergency” requiring presidential powers or shutting down the government in a tantrum:
it would be a full year before even the smallest part of any wall is installed !!!
but I can’t believe we are yet again falling for another distraction
hurry the f-up Mueller
I’ve had my eye on the NBPC and its leader, Brandon Judd. They seem shady as fuck. Their website is wall-to-wall screen shots of Fox News, and Judd and his bald lackeys seem to be hovering in the background every time Trump is talking about the wall.
Trump knows walls fail. Just look at how many illegal immigrants work for Trump at Mar-a-Lago and other walled Trump properties.
You came so close and still missed. The reason that they claimed it would not work in 2012 was that it would have reduced their numbers, prevented them from getting overtime, etc.
Yeah no. The linked document makes the case that walls and fences are ineffective and requires more manpower and resources at an inefficient part of the process. Further, the linked document goes on to say “hey, if you want to reduce the manpower and resources we require, this is how to do it”
Basically, if you want to stop illegal immigration, you do it by jailing employers who hire illegal immigrants.
- Placing a majority of the resources on the border to address illegal immigration is as ridiculous as a baseball team placing all the players in the infield. Essentially, we are a baseball team without an outfield and we are losing every inning.
- The NBPS is not concerned with the negative affects of displacement on remote areas of the border (out of the public eye) and the Ports of Entry.
- The NBPS does not take into account the potential for an increase in fraudulent documents.
- The NBPS does not have any impact on those persons who enter the country legally, but reside beyond the date they are expected to leave the United States.
#4 – BORDER FENCES AND WALLS
The NBPC disagrees with wasting taxpayer money on building fences and walls along the border as a means of curtailing illegal entries into the United States. However, as long as we continue to operate under the current NBPS and ignore the problem that is causing illegal immigration, we realize fences and walls are essential.
- Walls and fences are temporary solutions that focus on the symptom (illegal immigration) rather than the problem (employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens).
- Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed.
- Walls and fences will undoubtedly result in an increase in fraudulent documents and smuggling through the Ports of Entry.
- Walls and fences do not solve the issue of people entering the country legally and staying beyond the date they are required to leave the country, a problem which will undoubtedly increase as more walls and fences are constructed.
- The NBPC position regarding walls and fences is not due to a concern of losing our jobs if fences and walls are built. On the contrary, the NBPC realizes that walls and fences require just as much manpower to protect them. Border Patrol Agents witness what happens to walls and fences when there are not enough Border Patrol agents to protect them.
This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.