Braille Hot Wheels cars

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/05/braille-hot-wheels-cars.html

8 Likes

I follow someone on Instagram, @heatherhutchisonmusic, who’s a musician who is also blind. She posted about this, and it was very wholesome. A lot of her posts are about how she experiences the world without sight, and it’s usually very interesting content, especially when it comes to random little things most people wouldn’t think of.

5 Likes

I just saw one of these at a Dollar Tree, it seemed like a fantastic idea.

4 Likes

I can see one problem . . . what happens after the blind person zooms it across the room? I was always finding matchbox cars under furniture, the sofa etc when the kids where that age.
I guess it depends on how blind you are, from legally blind to profound visual impairment or totally blind.
Turns out there are, unsurprisingly, a whole host of toys for the blind including the card game Uno.

1 Like

As someone who struggles with my own set of disabilities this product makes my heart so happy. I definitely will be buying one when I see them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.