Brawl at Texas execution leads to arrests

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/01/brawl-at-texas-execution-leads.html

3 Likes

“Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the death chamber!”

57 Likes

FTFY. Lots of places are places where people die. Murder scenes are a special class. State murder scenes even more so.

19 Likes

That’s the spirit, give them some inane soundbite to remember you by, if you can’t quite pull off enigmatic.

12 Likes

Hm, 70 appears to be the new; could definitely kick my ass.

5 Likes

America, an example to the rest of the world. If only more countries would join the US and a long list of totalitarian dictatorships in embracing state sanctioned murder.

11 Likes

I don’t know if it’ll make it into the big leagues like “French-Canadian bean soup”.

5 Likes

His nickname was ‘Five Dollar Bill.’

8 Likes

Authentic death row gibberish.

1 Like

Well, there you go. Completely the opposite to enigmatic if it’s readily explicable.

2 Likes

As Coble was finishing his statement, his son, a friend and a daughter-in-law became emotional and violent.

Some people do not know how to weep.

2 Likes

Or can’t carry a tune.

5 Likes

If I somehow end up in that situation, I think I would want mine to be, “Good luck finding the other bodies.”

How many men with the middle name “Wayne” are murderers? It’s like, if it’s your first name you might become a country singer, if it’s your last name you might become Batman, but if it’s your middle name it makes you want to kill. Fear any man named “Wayne Wayne Wayne”

I looked it up. This was interesting: The Number of Murderers and Murder Suspects With the Middle Name 'Wayne' Is Insane - InsideHook

10 Likes

He needed a prop.

giphy%20(75)

4 Likes

“And the man in the back said, ‘Everyone attack!’ and it turned into an execution room blitz. And the girl in corner said, ‘They just killed his daddy. It’ll turn into a execution room blitz.’”

6 Likes

I just can’t find the levity in this. The whole thing just seems depressing as hell, and I can’t imagine any purpose that’s served by killing the guy that couldn’t have been served just as well by letting him die in prison

17 Likes

no, it’s the old could definitely kick our asses https://www.boxingmonthly.com/stories/criminal-stupidity-the-day-two-muggers-tried-to-rob-jack-dempsey/

2 Likes

Since most prisons are run as businesses these days, by killing him they freed up a bunk for someone younger. And in the process brought two more people into the system. The machine grinds on.

As for the man himself, in reading about his crime, assuming it’s an actual representation of events I don’t have any sympathy. He got 30 more years to live than his victims did.

5 Likes

Exactly. Good riddance. More air for us to breath.

I would go for “Ghandi, RuPaul, and a platypus walk into a bar…” and leave it at that.

7 Likes