Breasts are 'lewdness', Utah judge rules in humiliation for 'topless at home' mom

It’s always those wimmin… those evil temptresses, corrupting all the good, virtuous men in their vicinity by check notes existing.

8 Likes

You left out “boob-having” in your list of the sins of the wimmin folk. And that is before you even mention (…shudder…) those other bits! Lawsy, save us all.

5 Likes

You mentioned boobs so you are now going straight to hell… SINNER! :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, well, by those standards I have been long long on that path. Oh well… :imp:

5 Likes

solid-gold-see-you-in-hell

5 Likes

This is why we need the ERA.

1 Like

The woman in this case is in legal trouble for being topless at home in the presence of her stepchildren. So while I vehemently disagree with the judge’s ruling I do find it plausible that she’s prudish enough to stay covered up at all times in the presence of her own kids (assuming she has any).

1 Like

I know. It makes no sense. It’s almost as if there were more to the story that BoingBoing chose to report here.

1 Like

Probably not? I think the issue is clearly the woman’s step-children, and her supposedly being topless in their presence. Depending on her intentions, her attitude, the age of the children, one’s personal feelings about children and boobs, and so on and so forth, this may or may not be problematic on some level, but lewdness?

Along with soldering and frying bacon.

2 Likes

Emphasis added.

There is quite a lot of Chinese whispers going on here. Presumably biomum wasn’t there at the time so - presumably? - she got some more-or-less garbled version of what happened from one of the kids. Or a hybrid story from both of them. She then complained to the cops, who … what? Involved child services? Plus the prosecutor, and the judge, and the journos reporting, all overlaid with Xeni’s quixotic take on things.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if the bio-mom just wanted to fuck up the bio-dad’s life now that they’re divorced. Happens all the time, divorced people screwing with each other via the kids.

Pure speculation, but it could be the case that the bio-mom has a religious stick up her ass, but the bio-dad doesn’t and that’s why there’s a step mom at all. It’s utah after all, a functional theocratic autocracy.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a big big if for sure. I just wanted to chime in on the “even if that’s what happened!” argument because I felt like it undermines the argument for non-sexual nudity to defend inappropriate behavior.

If the argument is “it’s fine because that didn’t fucking happen” I’m totally onboard!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.