Brexit and Brexit Accessories

Chlorinated chicken!

4 Likes

Can I predict something about Brexit that doesn’t happen? I would like to be wrong, really!

5 Likes
5 Likes

And people say the Brexiteers didnˋt really know what they were voting for.

/s

4 Likes

They voted for an England that only ever existed in books by Enid Blyton.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Just William

5 Likes

I’m sure they think Five Go Mad in Dorset was canonical.

7 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This must be the non-existent project fear playing out before our eyes that brexit bullshitters shouted at remoaners. Not that they would admit it, it’s getting explained away as a mix of contract disputes and covid because brexit and truth have never really got on…

3 Likes

But, y’know, GLOBAL BRITAIN or something.

8 Likes

how it’s going:

3 Likes

The spice must flow!

Pretty sure there are energy problems in store for all of Europe this winter.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Some ministers believe a temporary work visa scheme to bring more HGV lorry drivers into the UK from the European Union would help.

But others believe such an approach is not a long-term solution to the driver shortages.

The European Road Haulers Association also said temporary visas would be a “good idea” but are “only part of the solution”.

Bit late though, isn’t it?

4 Likes
3 Likes

A spokesman for the British Department for Transport said: “Changing the national identifier from GB to UK symbolises our unity as a nation and is part of a wider move towards using the UK signifier across government.

I presume that the real reason for the change is to invalidate the GB identifier on British number plates with the European flag.

6 Likes

No, you can still keep the Euro symbol number plates.

It really does appear to be pointless gesture politics.

ETA:

And you’re already required to have a GB sticker if you have a Euro flag GB number plate.

3 Likes

I imagine that police in EU countries are turning a blind eye to cars with European flag number plates that don’t have separate GB stickers. Now that GB has been replaced by UK, those cars are no longer displaying a valid country identifier at any size.