Brexit results going forward

https://www.businessinsider.com/eu-countries-have-stopped-extraditing-criminals-to-uk-after-brexit-2020-1?amp

3 European countries say they will refuse UK extradition requests now Brexit has happened

• European fugitives could flee from the UK to their home countries as three EU countries confirm they will not extradite their own nationals to Britain now that Brexit has happened.
  • Austria, Germany, and Slovenia have confirmed they will not extradite their nationals to the UK during the 11-month Brexit transition period which starts tomorrow.
14 Likes

I found this brief thread clarifying too.

9 Likes

All I know is that hardened criminal Germans will slip across the creek and shoot people on Oxford Street - and no one will be able to do anything about it.

7 Likes

At least the EU now have 1GB of free space.

43 Likes

For example:

ETA: Ok, not exactly an example, perhaps, but paving the way for one?

5 Likes

Holy shit.
Is it yours?

Because I’m totally doing to borrow that. I promise to keep it in good condition, but I’m going to use it a lot.

And it also works in many European languages.
Thank you.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Keep an eye on Gibraltar, it will be the canary in the coalmine.

7 Likes

24 Likes

I expect a lot more pages right out of the trump playbook…

5 Likes

Northern Ireland and Scotland seem more likely. Both premised their membership in the UK with being members of the EU as well.

Brexit may do what the IRA and William Wallace could not. Unite Ireland and create an independent Scotland.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Brexit was so bad that Terry Jones thought it was better to die than be part of it.
(Too soon?)

7 Likes

It will be interesting to watch that pan out, but the Gibraltar case is important because it is territory claimed by a major EU member.

6 Likes

It’s what he would have wanted.

5 Likes

It’s a truth that mirrors our own across the pond.

4 Likes
6 Likes

19 Likes

Well, let’s look on the bright side.
Um…

Well…
We can re-work all our “Thatcher wants to turn Britain into the 51st state of the USA” stuff?

5 Likes

snl-stefon-laughs

3 Likes