Brexit: UK Tories propose changing thousands of laws in secret, without Parliamentary oversight

Gutes Reiten, schlechtes Reiten?

I’ve always seen this as an incorrect analogy, considering what it is meant to convey.
Even on a pony farm, there are those who get to ride the ponies and those who get to clean the stables, also known as get to shovel the manure.

1 Like

I’d prefer not to be invaded by the Russians first. (The pre-war autobahns would now be regarded as rather ordinary roads - many of them had only 2 lanes, I believe.)

1 Like

Why not make it official and apply formally to become the 51st state of the USA?
It would make things so much easier. And they’re halfway there ever since Thatcher anyway.

Edit: I’ve just remembered - possibly the 52nd state. They may have to get in the queue behind Puerto Rico, and being Brits, they wouldn’t elbow themselves in front.

2 Likes

I always found it funny because it doesn’t make any sense. Pony farm as in cuddle them, ride them…? It just sounds funny.

1 Like

Can we start with selling back the 13 original colonies to the UK, sort’a trial basis thingy.

1 Like

In most places I’ve ridden, those are the same people - at least to some extent. If you ride, you also get acquainted with Mr Shovel, the wheelbarrow and the big pile of manure.

Horses=poop. And urine. Lots and lots of urine.

Are there places where you get to ride without having to clean out the stables, rub down the horse, etc.? If so, my parents were obviously short-changing me/ teaching me valuable life lessons.

1 Like

Not really, we even had a king who liked fascists (not for very long fortunately), but when you punch nazis enough, you can get rid of them for a while.
Even after the war, we still had nazis to punch.

2 Likes

We’ve still got plenty :frowning:

We don’t have any money.
However, if Vermont would care to put in a bid for Wessex, I’d be fine with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.