Brianna Wu announces her 2020 Congressional bid for MA-8

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/07/brianna-wu-announces-her-2020.html

11 Likes

Go get’em Woman!

giphy-4

15 Likes

Go Brianna!

15 Likes

There’s a “He” in that summary that I believe ought to read “She?” It says “she” everywhere else.

2 Likes

On re-reading that seems to refer to Frank Wu, who is being quoted there.

8 Likes

She’s running against Stephen Lynch, a pro-life Democrat who voted against the ACA. Her candidacy makes sense in the context of a leftward pendulum swing for the Democratic Party. She’ll have a lot of ammo to attack Lynch from the left. Given that the district has been blue since the 50s I guess the primary is the real election there.

13 Likes

Did not work well last time.

8 Likes

For those of us outside the US you might want to expand that the the Massachusetts 8th district. It was the logical choice but she could be running to be a subwoofer.

7 Likes

or a… Japanese pigeon freshener?

3 Likes

it’s really so inspiring to see how diverse the House is becoming, it’s what it should be, a true reflection of the country, hopefully they find a rhythm to working together despite all their differences and eventually find a way to show us how to get things done

younger generations may take it for granted, if not now then in a few years or decade, but I seriously thought all of government was going to be old white men for my entire life

5 Likes

I was kind of scared to figure that one out

1 Like

A forced-childbirth Democrat. Let’s not accept their fraudulent framing. Otherwise, thanks for the background info.

13 Likes

The entire paragraph is written by Frank Wu. He writes,

She has a brand new video, in which she introduces herself, and talks about being disowned by her family when she came out as queer. He also talks about the alt-right hate group Gamergate, founding her software development firm, and progressive policies she supports.

I don’t think it makes any sense that he’s referring to himself (let alone in the third person) in that sentence.

Everyone knows to win an election, you have to turn out your bass.

8 Likes

I think she’s nice and all, but I don’t know if she’s learned that you need more than a blog post and a funny video to take an office away from an incumbent. I voted for her last time- along with dozens of other people.

1 Like

Can we please not concede to the use of the other side’s propagandistic terminology?

Edit: @CvilleJohn , jinx! Forced-childbirth is even better. Wish it would catch on.

7 Likes

How many people make it to Congress on their first try?

I wish I could vote for her.

4 Likes

See: AOC :slight_smile:

closed #21

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.