Bride attains virality by adding pockets to her dress and those of her bridesmaids

Now they can be that one friend who always has a knife.

7 Likes

Ah, but what’s the point of being rich if you don’t have any way of carrying your credit cards?

bat-credit

6 Likes

16 Likes

Hell Yes! We want pockets - and real working pockets; not those little “fashion pockets” that can hold maybe one chicklette.

15 Likes

Pretty much every last one of my female friends has at some time complained, at length, about the state of pockets in women’s clothing (either they’re missing, or they’re too small and there aren’t enough of them) and openly envied the plentiful and deep pockets in men’s clothes.

6 Likes

3rd-rock-wrong

12 Likes

AOC-nope

11 Likes

It’s not just women. Men’s dress shirts increasingly come without pockets. Designers claim it’s to present a more streamlined and clean look, but it’s really because pockets on patterned shirts require skilled labor to match the pocket to the shirt so the pattern isn’t disrupted, and skilled labor is expensive. In this era of smartphones, where apparently belt holsters are considered gauche, just say no to apparel without pockets.

6 Likes

Am a fan of thigh holsters, myself.

4 Likes

Pockets and bridal dresses are both feminist issues

1 Like

In my high school days, I borrowed one of my brother’s jackets to wear instead of a sweater. I was stunned at how many pockets it had, and he never got it back.

19 Likes

and @Lexicat

I don’t wear dresses, but one of the requirements I have when buying jeans is pockets big enough to fully devour my smartphone and my keys, including the door remote. Not just hold them. Completely and fully secure them. If they just have tiny pockets or that sewed up fake garbage, forget it.

POCKETS IN ALL THE THINGS!

17 Likes

Depending on where you are, these might interest you:

You IRL getting new jeans…

11 Likes

Men’s pants pockets are so deep the pockets have pockets to keep you from losing you keys in them!

11 Likes

My “purse” is a large wristlet wallet. Everything else goes in pockets. No pockets, no purchase. I will never look stylish, so I have simple rules.

7 Likes

Thigh holsters? You mean like… pockets?

12 Likes

Ohh! External pockets.

3 Likes

I LIKE those. In addition to pockets, please.

14 Likes