Bride attains virality by adding pockets to her dress and those of her bridesmaids

A couple of years ago I tried to find a women’s jean jacket that had pockets but no holes and cost less than $300.00. It made me so mad I posted rants on FB. Justice for women! We want pockets!

11 Likes

my keys seem to be really really good at sawing through the cheap pocketing fabric incorporated in the front pockets of my trousers.

1 Like

If you have a square piece of scrap leather and a leather punch (or something sharp and preferably round), you can make a simple key sheath by punching two holes and threading your keychain through them. Like so…

You could even get a snap button from a local crafts store if you want it to close around the keys.

6 Likes

What @GulliverFoyle said.

6 Likes

Ok, ok, I know you want pockets, I would too. In particular, I meant rich women who had people to carry things for them, the fashion follows the elite, and the common person follows the fashion, and here you are with no place to put your cell phone.

Hey, man… I don’t know why you’re sitting here talking to yourself, instead of directly addressing all the women who have given their input… nevertheless, your initial assumption was still incorrect.

8 Likes

ds9-Worf-side-eye

9 Likes

Just read this on MCSweeny’s, and while it’s not exactly on topic, it’s close enough for government work:

9 Likes

I suspect part of the problem may be that we (the men) are hoarding the limited pocket supply to pander to the needs of cargo pants/shorts and certain kinds of jackets.

8 Likes

I KNEW it! Stop hoarding all the pockets! :wink:

12 Likes

It’s a conspiracy; down with cargo pants, pockets for all!

11 Likes

but if we give them pockets they may put hat pins in them!

5 Likes

Sorry, but i had to.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Depends. For some children, that could define ears.

4 Likes

“Pockets, comrades. Pockets.”

Every time I see that, all I can do is wonder why. Are the clothing makers mocking us?

Then in the '90s, comic books had a problem with power inflation, and characters got seriously O.P.

11 Likes

Am I to understand that these women might carry about bodily autonomy in their pockets?!

You misspelled seriously 'roided.

7 Likes

Bring back the chatelaine! Didn’t I solve this problem two years ago? No one ever listens to me.

Imagine rocking a chatelaine with phone, multitool, spork, and USB charger*. What would you wear on your chatelaine? (Extra points if it’s available at the BoingBoing shop.)

*Which would be hot, if this was about the male gaze. Which it isn’t. I knew that. :sweat:

8 Likes

i don’t know how we got to the bifurcation of fashions so that men tended to end up with pockets and women didn’t. although i must say that for the last 5 or 6 years it has become extremely difficult to find shirts with a collar and which button up the front which have pockets (it has become extremely hard to find 100% cotton shirts over this same period as well). i am male, btw.

i do know from my research i did for my wedding, which i celebrated in full costume at a ren-festival, that neither men nor women had pockets during the period we were dressing from (late 15th to early 16th century) which was why paintings from the time showed men and women having one or more purses and/or pouches attached to their belts. it didn’t seem to matter what class the individual came from, there were no pockets and the ubiquitous purse.

4 Likes

Why can’t women just be happy to let their chaperone or husband carry their money? /s

“Drop those cargo pants!”

(Is that better? :innocent:)

5 Likes