British art museum removes a famous 1869 painting of Femme Fatale nymphs

In referencing a memorial plaque for the actual 1933 Nazi book burnings, well, yeah. That is exactly the hyperbole you tried to avoid.

But what happened to feminism being about equality before the law and in business and in daily life, and less focused on iconoclasm and language policing everybody who did not major in gender studies. In all other fields of politics and society we tend to distinguish between reasonable, rational demands, and runaway extremism by fringe groups, who make up in volume what they lack in general appeal. Maybe it is about time to apply this basic common sense to feminism. But that’s probably my white male privilege talking. And one does tend to get flagged for remarks like this on liberal sites like BB, but I would rather gnaw my mouse hand of than to take it to the “men’s rights” dipshits :nauseated_face:, even if they would probably applaud the thought. reading that again, it doesn’t feel right, in particular the part inviting “common sense”.

Not too proud of the “what happened to” either, because for those who can read, there’s tons of literature on how we got here.

1 Like