British schoolchildren receive chemical burns from "toxic ash" on Ash Wednesday

Aldo’s nickname “The Apache” comes from his penchant for scalping Nazis (done in the tradition of American Apache Indians).

The U.S. invented scalping North American Aboriginals as proof of kill to collect a bounty. Systematically thinning population of aboriginals to open land for European settlement and development.

The Aboriginal people retaliated against the U.S. government bounty by reciprocation against any Europeans. Hence the lie bloomed, aboriginal savages scalp white people.No offense intended Mr Raccon, misdirects origin U.S. bounty on aboriginals (link) galvanizes the lie or history. The link should read “Aldo The Bounty Hunter” .

ETA grammar / punctuation

4 Likes

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Really. I can’t even make sense of His notes. And what the heck is this thing? Some sort of multitool with a weird glowy dangly bit? Mysterious…

I for one am hoping that God is finally telling the Catholic Church where to go.

1 Like

I work at a science museum, and things got a little goofy on Ash Wednesday when I came across a jar of magnetic powder that someone had left out…

3 Likes

Exodus 13:16 “So it shall serve as a sign on your hand and as phylacteries on your forehead, for with a powerful hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.”

Divine intervention ? :innocent:

I’m sure this has been happening for centuries in Redd-itch.

How did you escape the Scarfolk time loop?

2 Likes

Well, traditionally, wood ash was used to make lye for soapmaking, but I am not at all clear on how straight wood ash could be that caustic. Echoing a comment upthread, I have to wonder if there was an issue in the storage or preparation of these particular ashes. The possibility that they may have been tampered with should not be dismissed either.

3 Likes

GOOD NEWS!

‘An investigation has started and the ashes are being analysed by external experts. A subsequent report will be made available to all stakeholders and any recommendations will be actioned accordingly.

Such words are a great comfort in this time of need.

2 Likes

That time loop thing is propagandistic tosh. The people of Scarfolk choose to live as they do, just as I chose to walk away; a free man exercising his free will. And now am hunted accordingly.

7 Likes

Wait, they didn’t give you those pills by Cavalier Pharm to wipe your memory?

1 Like

They decided to try something different with me, and removed parts of my hippocampus instead. I can still remember Scarfolk clearly, but my brain is stuck in a constant loop of Peter Sarstedt’s “Where Do You Go To My Lovely.”

1 Like

I hear they sometimes do that just for fun, for a laugh, aha-ha-ha.

4 Likes

Christ what an ash scald.

3 Likes

Meet me outside the Tourist Enclosure at the Zoo on Sunday morning. Bring a stapler.

I can get you out.

Normally I’d revoke someone’s humanity for saying something like that; but if they would voluntarily say something like that doing so is almost certainly redundant.

1 Like

Today’s Catholicism! Come for the psychological damage from sexual assault; stay for the physical damage from just plain-old assault!

From what I can find, the remains of the victims of the (pre-Columbian) Crow Creek Massacre show signs of ritual mutilation including scalping- some studies say that 90 to 100 percent of the victims had been scalped.

Colonists certainly did later pay bounties for scalps. And I don’t know whether the pre-colonisation ancestors of the people now called Apache scalped their enemies. But it’s simply not true to say that it was “invented” by Europeans, when before colonisation Native Americans practiced it and Europeans didn’t.

2 Likes

http://www.historyspaces.com/oddities/who-began-the-practice-of-scalping-in-u-s-history/

“Early Dutch and English settlers were offered a monetary reward for the killing of Native Americans. But how could one prove that one had killed a Native American unless you brought the body to a government official? This was a very difficult…”

1 Like