British spies want to be able to suck data out of US Internet giants

[Read the post]

ā€œsuck data out of US Internet giantsā€

They have my permission, if that means anything.

1 Like

6 Likes

Good luck sucking out my dataā€¦

12 Likes

Arenā€™t we still allowed to shoot brits if we find them poking around in our persons, papers, and effects?

Iā€™m pretty sure they taught us that in ā€˜civic creation myths for middle schoolersā€™ back in the day.

9 Likes

The plan seems to be that the Brits will spy on us since we arenā€™t allowed to and we will spy on the Brits since they arenā€™t supposed to. Then, they can share their signals intelligence like good little allies and no laws get broken but both nations enjoy complete surveillance of their citizens.
I canā€™t decide if Iā€™m too cynical or not cynical enough.

12 Likes

We have better spies than you have.

oh, I thought you meant us internet giants - like you and meā€¦ mainly me.

2 Likes

This is a feature, not a bug. Iā€™m kind of seeing some workaround where the US spies on Brits and gives their government the info, to avoid local legal protections (not that that really seems to be that big an issue) and their Government returns the favor.

1 Like

the other intel agencies have been doing it that way for decadesā€¦ why ruin a good thing? :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking we fought a war with Great Britain over this very thing.

The British are comingā€¦again!

3 Likes

Youā€™re not assuming that theyā€™re doing it already, so Iā€™m going to have to go with the latter.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s no doubt thatā€™s the way that all of the ā€œ5 Eyesā€ countries are collaborating. That way NZā€™s Prime Minister was able to bare faced lie on TV during the the last election when he was asked directly. Of course our GCSB isnā€™t spying on Kiwis. That would be against the law (we just have the US, UK, Oz and Canada to do it for them ā€¦ ).

2 Likes

Please, please, please let it be true that there are laws still alowing the shooting of Brits in parts of the US. Iā€™m thinking in one of the Carolinas, perhaps?

1 Like

If there arenā€™t, Iā€™m sure that a reciprocal agreement could be arranged and would be met with great enthusiasm ā€¦ :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.