Buck moves to end Boebert's chances

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/13/buck-moves-to-end-boeberts-chances.html

12 Likes

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

26 Likes

But her brand of performative politics brings in the donations. What are the chances that the party functionaries WON’T choose her? Has she made enough enemies within the party that hatred of her would outweigh $$$?

2 Likes

She’s pissed. She’s already announced she’s not quitting her current seat to run in the special election, but she’s really mad that the special election is happening on the same day as the primary for the November general election, and on the same ballot. She now has almost zero chance of staying in Congress. I love it. Now we just need a few more resignations, and the Democrats might grab the majority before next January!

35 Likes

Citation needed. The big donors seem to be done with Trump and MAGA.

14 Likes

It’s the patriotic thing to do repubs!

10 Likes

Is it possible that he quit precisely to sabotage Boebert’s chances? Seems like a worthy cause.

14 Likes

I think he did, actually. He also hinted that more resignations may be coming. I’m wondering if the GOP is about to actually implode, and some of these people are secretly planning a new Republican Party, sans Trump and MAGAts, to replace it.

22 Likes

Worth remembering that Buck was no moderate. He was a House Freedom Caucus member, a tea bagger, opposed Covid relief and vaccines, excused rape, and tried to falsify election results even before he got into Congress. But the GOP is just that much more radical now…

27 Likes

Buck’s district is about as deep red as it gets in CO, but from everything I’ve heard, they hate Boebertta’s pandering and moving around to cheese votes more than they like sticking it to the dems. They liked Buck because he’d represented them for ages, and was generally under the radar. I hope that as a state we can come together and agree we are done with Boebert’s antics.

9 Likes

A Grift Too Far.

4 Likes

I hope you’re right. There’d be at least one less nutjob foghorn to read about day after day.

9 Likes

Same with Liz Cheney. Adam Kinzinger wasn’t a moderate, either. That some hard right conservatives are quitting and starting to actively work against Trump and MAGA should be a wakeup call to the Party. It won’t be, but it should be.

19 Likes

Grandma Boebert remembers.

7 Likes

demolition GIF

18 Likes

Indeed.

11 Likes

It boggles the mind how a candidate can choose their voters by shopping around for easy district. She’s not even local resident or stay in that place long enough to be considered one. There is no representation, just a racketeering.

5 Likes

I believe the official term is ‘carpetbagger’.

15 Likes

Yeah, and again (at least in her case) even the MAGAs are grossed out by the blatant attempt at manipulating them. There is also a conservative gender bias component in that area. They REALLY liked their quite old white guy.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, like a lot of American history that term also comes with a lot of racist baggage.

2 Likes