Buddhist monk reminding us: "We all live in a yellow submarine"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/11/buddhist-monk-reminding-us.html

16 Likes

51e565fe6a843ea6eb8ab125afe59682--awesome-meme-that-is-awesome

17 Likes

THIS is the kind of thing I come to bb for.

Truly wonderful.

The sitting in silence for 2 minutes seriously at the end sold me on the whole thing. I want this broadcast over my casket as I’m laid in the ground

19 Likes

“I’m going to sit here quietly until I hear some applause. Come on, I know you’re out there. I can hear you breathing. Oh, wait, that’s me. …or is it?”

10 Likes

I loved the quiet meditation at the end…

7 Likes

And this one!!!

10 Likes

that is seriously the biggest moktak i have ever seen. the sound it makes is fantastic.

7 Likes

I love my BoingBoing today.

10 Likes

Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water, cover the Beatles. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water, cover the Beatles.

23 Likes

I wonder if “Within You Without You” would be one ecumenical step too far.

6 Likes

See also:

2 Likes

For a follow up the Pope is gonna rap Easter Mass.

6 Likes

That was a religious experience.
The best part was the silent part at the end where you could meditate with him on what just happend. Thats the type of spirituality we need in this age.

7 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

“But, Ringo, you aren’t even the best drummer in a one-stick-Buddhist-temple-band!”*

I really liked the backing singers on this; especially when the band began to play.

I thought that the Ramones’ track could have done without the additional music.

I’d like to see him cover some classic Metal; like “Paranoid”.

*Yep, I know Ringo was an innovative and skilled drummer, but that joke always makes me giggle.

4 Likes

Another TRULY wonderful thing! Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks, I needed that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.