Buffalo Bills quarterback says he's sorry for saying "only elite white people" should have guns

JK! <3

(apparently I need more characters before the BBS will accept my text)

1 Like

Taken literally, it would mean pricing guns so that even Robert Smith couldn’t buy a gun. While very racist, it would cut down gun ownership to just 162 people.

1 Like

Backup quarterback. He was just drafted.

3 Likes

“They need to let me get suppressors”

So… apology aside, how about those suppressors that he also mentioned wanting… what would they be used for?

8 Likes

What, you don’t think over-muscled PED eating football players have the mental capacity to put multiple words together in a sentence? /s

3 Likes

Wait… so are we back to “elite” meaning rich instead of with an education?

4 Likes

Why men should be barred from gun ownership- example 2 trillion.

4 Likes

“I deeply regret that I said that out loud. Sorry not sorry.”

4 Likes

I thought “elite” white people got excused from participating in wars, battles, as their doctors “diagnosed” them as having bone spurs. Fromm’s sentiment, while upsetting for its racism and classism, is also absurdly hilarious. Imagine an army of armed Donald Trumps (the “counterpuncher” who probably has never punched a man–not saying one should, but he portrays himself as a tough guy so often).

2 Likes

What apology? He’s said he was sorry for using the phrase “elite white people”, not for thinking only white people should have guns.

I’m a bigtime football fan. I was hoping my Saints would draft Fromm. Man am I glad they didn’t. One quarterback saying idiotic bullshit is enough.

7 Likes

Except Fromm himself didn’t portray it as a joke or satire. It was just a “poor word choice.”

2 Likes

I thought the response from within New Orleans to Brees was really good. His teammates Malcolm Jenkins and Demario Davis (and ex-teammates Ben Watson and Marques Colston) had really heartfelt responses. The local Saints reporters who normally worship Breesus immediately called him out, too.

This response from a white, male, marine Saints reporter gave me some hope that groups who have been remarkably deaf and blind to racial justice might actually be starting to see. Malcolm Jenkins’ response is embedded and worth watching

4 Likes

This is context we’re not likely to ever get

I’ve already forgotten the guy’s name

Never heard of him before, will never hear about him again, some dude said a dumb thing, whatever

1 Like

Just trying to give the other teams’ defensive lines some extra motivation I guess.

Eek. The optics on that are not good. This is why you think before you speak, especially if you’re weighing in on such a racially charged issue.

The United States is awash in cheap, easy to acquire handguns (all firearms tbh), and that’s a problem. It’s also a problem that has little to do with race.

A time honored tradition of destabilizing governments and nations is to flood those countries with small arms, one western powers have used quite successfully countless times over the last century or so.

Oh and here’s the US is just swimming in them.

Is that a Pantone Colour Number? 1337: Whiteness.

3 Likes

confed

5 Likes

He’ll be a human potato the first time his linemen “miss” their assignment. Haha?

I have a set of Pantone books here, and I just checked; there is no 1337, but the nearest colors that do exist (1345 and 1355) are kind of orange skin tones, so make of that what you will

2 Likes

Relying on them to protect him against a bunch of other large Black men. Going to suck to be him

3 Likes