Buffalo Bills quarterback says he's sorry for saying "only elite white people" should have guns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/05/buffalo-bills-quarterback-says.html

3 Likes

I respectfully ask Jake Fromm to fuck off.

24 Likes

There are some very bad days in his future. His ass is relying on some large black men for protection. Also, again, for the bazillionth time, privilege is a hell of a drug.

32 Likes

I’m assuming his profile pic is the gold standard of “elite whiteness”

18 Likes

But he added a “haha,” and everyone knows that automatically shields him from all public criticism of his statements. Confound it!

27 Likes

hey let’s all look to this sort of human potato bro caucasian for moral leadership, why would that be a problem

7 Likes

Not that the forum changes the disgusting nature of that speech, but I’m confused — the screenshot here appears to be a text-message conversation rather than a social media post. Where was this supposed to have been shared?

4 Likes

Could be a DM. People often share their DMs.

9 Likes

large white men too. A couple of the OL players happen to be white.

This being said. He’s a late round rookie. They have a top 10 draft pick as a starter. Fromm is not relying on anyone to protect him because he’s not seeing the field whatsoever.

With people like this it’s simply fine. You apologized. Now shut up. I can’t give two fucks what This kid thinks. Drew Brees on the other hand is PART OF THE DAMN PROBLEM.

5 Likes

Could be a window washer or a pro athlete, if someone says some ignorant, racist shit they should prepare to answer for their words and hopefully lose their job. If they’re willing to say dumb shit in public then what do they say in private? Much much worse. This guy may not be a star on his team but he’s certainly set up to be making more money than most people do a year.

No one gets a pass.

13 Likes

It looks to me like this was said in private. It looks like someone copied a dm. As part of a private communication it is really hard to tell whether there isn’t some Poe’s law effect at work as well. Does poorly executed satire never get a pass?

It’s entirely possible he shared it. People do that, you know.

5 Likes

Yes. It’s entirely possible he is a racist piece of shit. I’m just not willing to write people off because of some somewhat garbled social media nonsense, without more information than is provided here.

1 Like

I doubt that he wrote that apology.

4 Likes

The texts were from a conversation last year and were posted by the other party.

He’s still an ass, but a different kind of ass.

3 Likes

Classist as well. I have been told (but haven’t found a source for) that one of the guiding principals of the second amendment was so that hunting was not just an activity for the aristocracy, but for everyone of all classes (see: “Royal Forests”). Certainly, hunting and fishing licenses are much more accessible and cheaper than in Europe today.

6 Likes

Sounds like a racist ass to me considering how specific he was. Only elite whites should have access to suppressors? I don’t see any other way that can be interpreted.

10 Likes

When will Home Depot start selling “Elite White” paint? It’s made by Behr. It’s somewhat pinkish, it’s super expensive, and it has the ability offend every single color of paint around it. Put it on the exterior of your house and cops won’t bother you at all!

10 Likes

No argument here. I was thinking that there’s a small but measurable difference between Fromm’s dumbass racism from last year and Drew Brees’ tone deaf remarks Wednesday on kneeling during the national anthem, but no, maybe not. Racists gonna racist. Point conceded.

4 Likes

On a related note, Drew Brees opened his mouth and said something stupid (as I alluded to him shutting up above).

This is a great quick read about Nate Boyer who worked with Kap to help address the kneeling and what it stood for. He has always supported this cause for clear and obvious reasons.

6 Likes