The NFL’s leaked memo on acceptable player stances during the national anthem

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/18/the-nfls-leaked-memo-on-acc.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH is leaked the NFL’s memo to players’ on acceptable positions during the playing of the National Anthem.

8 Likes

This might possibly be my fav comic yet

7 Likes

I just keep pretending these are written by Tom Brady. My extra layer of fiction both makes him more likeable, and makes these topics particularly funny.

3 Likes

This cartoon shows clear disrespect for our troops and our Commander in Chef!

4 Likes

When oh when can we return to the simple brutal joy of watching grown men chase a ball around while giving each other lifelong bodily and brain injuries?

10 Likes

How about standing but with some comment shaved into his head, or written in small letters in his eye-black?

1 Like

I wish I could share this on my bookface, but I’d just be attracting a locust swarm to the BB.

2 Likes

I love TB as a player…as a human being not so much. See him price gouging for his stupid cook book.

1 Like

National Fuckedup League

1 Like

Black players speaking out politically against racism and police brutality? BAD!

Tom Brady speaking out politically in support of Trump? GOOD!

7 Likes

The NCAA banned eye black messages because of Tebow. I don’t know if the NFL ever allowed it. Fear not, there is more direct Tebow-related hypocrisy at play: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/24/colin-kaepernick-vs-tim-tebow-a-tale-of-two-christianities-on-its-knees/?utm_term=.d16bd34a5d7d

1 Like

Took me a minute to realize this was satire. Well played, dancing bug!

6 Likes

I am disappointed that Brady supported Trump, it certainly lowered his intelligence quotient in my book, but to be fair I’m not sure Brady was ever “cheerleading” for Trump during the campaign-- he was spotted with one of the red MAGA hats, and when pressed he admitted his support because of their friendship, but basically wanted to stay out of it.

I get the impression all Brady really knows is football, and politics or deep moral issues are distractions that might keep him from winning a game. Even his comments about the NFL anthem protests is kind of a wishy-washy non-answer: “I just want to support my teammates. I am never one to say, ‘Oh, that is wrong. That is right.’ I do believe in what I believe in. I believe in bringing people together and respect and love and trust.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2017/04/19/here-is-everything-tom-brady-has-and-hasnt-said-about-donald-trump

.Best quote: “I talked to my wife and she said I can’t talk about politics anymore, so… I think that’s a good decision.”

1 Like

Brady supports the politics of wealth because he has money. It would be foolish to think different. Or would it? Some wealthy people believe they should pay their fair share. Wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear a wealthy respected athlete say, “I believe I have been lucky enough to make a great deal of money playing a game. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to pay my fair share of taxes on my annual income. If I’m smart with my investments I can continue to support the free enterprise system with additional tax dollars as the years go on.” I’d fall out of my chair. But they play in Fan bought stadiums and sell $10 shirts as $100 jerseys. And then say they keep playing for love of the game. How much can you love getting smoked by 250 pound line backers? I don’t see Brady scrambling to kick it with T-Rump. He does like the sweet tax cuts that are coming his way when the rest of us get blind sided by the all out blitz the new tax package is gonna bring working family’s. But this the “Great Again” they voted for.

Assume the position.

Generally agreed, but as a counterpoint:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.